Talk

Advanced search

Brown canvas

(6 Posts)
youcannotbeserious Tue 29-Jul-08 16:29:01

I have a quare brown stretched canvas and want to do something 'arty' with it - something connected with DS (10 weeks old)

It's too large for footprints (it's about 30cm square)

I need inspiration please!!

thanks!

Word Tue 29-Jul-08 18:53:26

How about 1 foot/hand print now, then add to it, as he grows?

Word Tue 29-Jul-08 18:54:12

3 in a line, increasing in size could be cool?

youcannotbeserious Tue 29-Jul-08 19:01:55

Ooohh, that's a good idea - Or I could do one of him and one of his dad (or even me?)

My mum came up with the suggestion that I could take a print of DS's bottom! shock

peasoup Tue 29-Jul-08 22:37:50

You can buy paper from Rymans and probably other stationers called "InkJet Iron On Transfer Paper for T shirts" which you stick in your printer and can then iron on the image you've printed out onto any fabric. Print out photos of DS then iron them onto the canvas in a collage of his first year! Perhaps add little sqaures of gold leaf to get really arty! The paper comes in Iron on Transfers for white T shirts and iron on for dark T shirts so depending on how dark your brown is you may need the one for black T- shirts for the images to show up well.

youcannotbeserious Wed 30-Jul-08 06:20:27

Peasoup... thanks!

I've not done anything like that before so will see where I can get some of that paper from!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now