Talk

Advanced search

Cardmaking help!

(15 Posts)
lunavix Mon 07-Feb-05 12:12:39

We are getting married in June and have a strict budget, and looking round a wedding fair I noticed a lot of the cards were handmade and tbh quite simple (in a good way!)

To help our budget I've decided to try my hand at making our invites - but have no idea where to start!

Any ideas appreciated!

AuntyQuated Mon 07-Feb-05 12:22:53

craftcreations for blank cards and envelopes; cheapest i have found a very good quality

stick n mix for somethting to stick on

craftadelic, all sorts of ideas

madaboutcards

AuntyQuated Mon 07-Feb-05 12:26:03

sorry forgot

lovely papers and vellums to back the embellishments

BubblesDeVere Mon 07-Feb-05 12:27:07

Here is one that I use quite a bit Lunavix, they are very good at delivering etc Baker Ross

BubblesDeVere Mon 07-Feb-05 12:28:19

Also, look on ebay, you can sometimes get some good bargains, but be careful, sometimes after paying postage you can end up paying more.

lunavix Mon 07-Feb-05 13:39:17

That's great!

AuntyQuated - how do you know the style/colour of the blank cards? The pictures aren't very clear and they have all different colours apparently! Is it a case of try and see?

AuntyQuated Mon 07-Feb-05 13:42:37

i have a catalogue...i can send you one or you could request one

fee77 Mon 07-Feb-05 14:23:41

Google handmade +wedding invitations, and you will be able to look for inspiration.

Dingle Mon 07-Feb-05 14:50:52

lunavix, Craft creations are one of my favourites for card stock, you can ring them and get a free catalogue and a sample pack, I believe it's somthing like CLIP1. That way you get to see the texture, quality and colour without having to buy anything first.
Where are you, do you have a Paper Mill shop nearby??

Dior Mon 07-Feb-05 18:35:41

Message withdrawn

AuntyQuated Mon 07-Feb-05 18:37:57

dior, are you doing our crad challenge, can;'t remember?

lunavix Mon 07-Feb-05 18:44:11

Thanks everyone!

Dior - that's lovely thank you so much I'm going to give it a go (I do like the idea of the personal touch) but if it all goes pearshaped I may take you up on it

Are The Range on the internet or a shop?

Dingle Mon 07-Feb-05 18:56:45

Lunarvix, if you buy the card stock from somewhere like The Paper Mill, and fold it yourself you drastically reduce the cost! You can buy a box of A4 card for £5.99 or A5 card for £3.99 ( I think!) you must get at least 150 sheets per box!

lunavix Mon 07-Feb-05 18:59:13

Will have a look online for the paper mill.

All we have locally is a rather shoddy (and overpriced imo - uninformed as it is!) hobbycraft

Dior Mon 07-Feb-05 19:29:27

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: