Talk

Advanced search

Funky cross stitch cushion kits

(13 Posts)
scanner Sat 19-Jul-08 18:06:36

I posted something similar a little while ago in products and I thought I'd give it a go over here. I have a hankering to do some cross stitch, but am not into the standard traditional designs, I'd like to find something funky/modern/contemporary - the sort of thing you'd find in Elle Deco. I've googled everything I can think of, but can't find anything so does such a thing exist? If not could I design my own and how would I go about it? Hoping you crafty types can help.

scanner Sat 19-Jul-08 20:29:58

bump???

ZacharyQuack Sun 20-Jul-08 00:42:29

Jennifer Pudney

An NZ designer, but she does mail to UK. You can buy kits with all the wool, or just canvas only, which would reduce the postage costs. I've done several of these and they're lovely.

lucykate Sun 20-Jul-08 00:53:37

what about jolly red

anchor also have some more contemporary designs here

although these are not strictly cross stitch, more needlepoint.

LaDiDaDi Sun 20-Jul-08 00:54:38

ooh they look fab but it won't tell me how much they are, even when I say that I'm from the UK.

scanner Sun 20-Jul-08 09:03:05

Thanks for the ideas, they're still not quite what I had in mind so I think I'm going to have to design my own. Not sure where to start through.

RSN Wed 24-Mar-10 18:28:58

Hi don`t know if your still looking for cross stitch but according to elle decor craft is back. I`m studying for a degree in hand embroidery at The Royal School of Needlework. I am producing designs from magnified coral I brought back from Barbados. The designs are still at the early stages but I will be using them to produce a cross stitch kit. I wondered if they are the type of designs you are looking for.Would you like to see them and give some feed back.dj-burling@hotmail.co.uk

Earthstar Wed 24-Mar-10 18:37:15

Try Emily Peacock

RSN Wed 24-Mar-10 19:30:59

Emily Peacocks kits are excellent she is our tutor.

vInTaGeVioLeT Sun 28-Mar-10 12:43:25

it's easy to design your own cross stitch you just need some graph paper and imagination, if you want to copy a picture or photo you can buy tracing graph paper.

moocowme Sun 28-Mar-10 20:40:02

or you can do it in photoshop or gimp. loads of tutorials about these days.

NessW Sat 22-Jan-11 17:52:19

Try misofunky.co.uk

GeckoRougeModernCrossStitch Sun 25-Sep-11 00:33:29

I noticed your message with regards to Modern Cross Stitch, well we GeckoRouge started in 2008 to cater especially for this. You can find a range of modern and contemporary designs at our website www.geckorougegallery.com and if you want something to make you smile please visit out youtube video smile www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnyMaZpPMaQ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now