Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

making a 'simple' australian blind...is it possible????

(9 Posts)
MrsFROSTgetful Fri 04-Feb-05 10:10:13

i want to make a ruched blind for a 6ft wide kitchen windo...that is both simple to make and use- as i have a useless husband who cannot even pull back the front room curtains /with ties backs without it looking like they have been dragged !!!!

Basically on tv the other week i heard someone briefly describing how the simplest and 'user friendly' way to do it is to simply thread elastic through the back and then attatch to a velcro covered batton at the top...then to pull down at night attatch a couple of hooks at the bottom of the window frame....

where i think i have a problem is the 6ft width of my window...in that the blind will lift up in the middle when i attatch the hooks at the side...so assume i will have to insert a horizontal rod near the bottom.

anyone by chance ever used elastic for a blind ???

NameChangingMancMidlander Fri 04-Feb-05 10:14:00

Do you mean an Austrian blind ? Those are the frilly ones. Or a Roman blind, which are the neater looking more modern ones that sort of fold up, IYSWIM. You can buy cheapish kits for Roman blinds (fabric must be bought sep). It must be easy as DH made some for his old house and he is completely uncrafty !

MrsFROSTgetful Fri 04-Feb-05 10:27:01

OOPs!!! Yes...AUSTRIAN!!!!!!

I'm a bit less keen about the roman blind as my neighbour had one made and it drives her mad when HER husband pulls it up and it's not quite straight!!!!!

NameChangingMancMidlander Fri 04-Feb-05 10:28:02

Lol ! Obvious answer but have you tried googling for a step by step guide. There must be something out there to help ?

LapsedGymJunkie Fri 04-Feb-05 11:11:32

Poke him in the eye ????

Just a thought ROFL at my own wit

Can't believe no one beat me to it

wordsmith Fri 04-Feb-05 11:40:05

If he's that simple just ask him to close his eyes, LGJ.

MrsFROSTgetful Fri 04-Feb-05 12:21:16

I have really laughed about this now!!!!

I have probably caused all Simple Blind Australians to send me hatemail!!!!

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 12:22:20

a roamn blind you mean?

coppertop Fri 04-Feb-05 14:23:16

PMSL! Hasn't the poor Australian suffered enough without being blinded too???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now