Talk

Advanced search

What craft bits should I buy for a 5yo girl?

(4 Posts)
cornflakegirl Wed 09-Jul-08 15:53:10

My friend’s DD is turning 5 soon. She loves doing crafty things – she was at my house recently and spent the whole afternoon making pictures and cards. My DS and her little sister are a couple of years younger, and still at the “as many foam shapes, stickers and googly eyes as can be physically fitted on the paper” stage. But she is a lot more discerning. She also like a lot of choice – she kept rifling the craft box, looking for every last different thing she could use!

I’d like to get her some craft bits for her birthday – some more grown-up stuff that is just for her. I’m thinking sticky gems, shiny card, metallic letters. Any suggestions for some really nice stuff? (She is a pink, girly, princess type.)

littlerach Wed 09-Jul-08 15:57:02

You could either buy her a set that she can particular htinmgs form, like a crown, cards kind of thing, or just general stuff.

Dd1 likes A5 card, glue, sequins, glitter, you name it.

stealthsquiggle Wed 09-Jul-08 16:00:37

Search bargain stationery shops and/or cheap book shops - you can get some really good value kits which actually work out better than the bits bought separately. Also - IME, 5yo girls love boxes to put things in, so a kit that comes in a box with lots of drawers/compartments would be soooooo cool.

cornflakegirl Wed 09-Jul-08 16:08:31

A box sounds like a really good idea!

Sequins sound good. I'm thinking not glitter, on the grounds on being such a pita to clear up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now