Talk

Advanced search

Space/Sci-fi Crafting Challenge

(23 Posts)
meridian Mon 07-Jul-08 08:05:44

Space the Final Frontier.. These are the voyage of a brave few crafters....

The theme for this crafting challenge is space and science fiction. It’s time to think about rocket ships, princess Leia jewellery, Dr. Who dolls, aliens, stars, astronauts, robots, alien landscapes and far distant planets. If you need help then drag out all the old cheap B-movie sci-fi flicks like Space Camp, or the more cherished Star Wars, Aliens, and Close Encounters (can you hear the music?) . Watch cheesy 80’s tv shows like Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, Star Trek and Alf… well maybe not that last one but you get the drift.

The universe is yours to craft with.
So go get crafting and may the force be with you.

Challenges are not mandatory, they are just away to find a bit of inspiration and get your crafting mojo on. When you have finished you challenge craft post a picture link or a link to your blog. If you have an idea and the time then do it today, or tomorrow, next week or next month, all challenges are open to interpretation and time scale. If you go on holiday and find that your crafting has gone kaput on your return perhaps a crafting challenge is in order to kick your brain into craft gear.

meridian Mon 07-Jul-08 08:07:55

oh and here is a link to the challege on my blog with a picture of one of my painted pages.

robot

meridian Mon 07-Jul-08 21:48:42

just me then

motherhurdicure Mon 07-Jul-08 23:42:24

Message withdrawn

Califrau Mon 07-Jul-08 23:46:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

puppydavies Tue 08-Jul-08 09:22:16

okay i totally DO NOT need ANYTHING else to do right now - um, summer holidays anyone? <dread smiley> - HOWEVER, i have a WIP that might fit this challenge... it's pretty involved though, so the rate i work i may have to come back to you in about 3 months time

meridian Fri 11-Jul-08 19:07:01

the more the merrier! I'm still working on a little rocketship painting for DS that just isn't right... oh and DS has requested another wooden bead "Star Wars" bracelet to be made for him...

OomphreyCushion Fri 11-Jul-08 19:10:58

DS2 (12) would like to join in the crafting challenge please. smile
He is working on a rather wondrous tardis control panel.

OomphreyCushion Fri 11-Jul-08 19:11:44

He has just pointed out that he is, in fact, DS1.
All this time travel has addled my brain. grin

Califrau Fri 11-Jul-08 19:16:08

meridian Fri 11-Jul-08 19:27:59

OC- lol sounds very cool!

cali-- there isn't a due date.. its not homework! Just something to have fun with. <bow down in the presence of the banner queen> grin

Califrau Sat 12-Jul-08 04:58:32

meridian Sat 12-Jul-08 11:31:35

cali- just post a link on here if you have a flickr account I can add it to my blog if you like! very curious to see what you have made... perhaps you can join the next crafting swap I do... though If you get me as a parner I may have to bargin with you.. some cadbury's or marmite to swap for some reeces pieces or Hot Tamales? grin

Whizzz Sat 12-Jul-08 11:39:11

I'd love to join in but just have too much on at the mo - looking forward to seeing what's made though smile...actually I have just had an idea....I will get DS to enter one of his Lego creations just for fun grin

Califrau Sat 12-Jul-08 18:55:19

Califrau Sat 12-Jul-08 18:57:16

meridian Sat 12-Jul-08 19:47:23

cali- email me at meridianariel @ hotmail dot com

then I will blog everything in a big blog post.. that will be seen by litterally tens of people.. maye even a dozen grin

lego creations from little crafters works too Whizzz!

Califrau Sat 12-Jul-08 20:03:25

Whizzz Sun 13-Jul-08 13:35:42

Well here is a Lego space ship from DS
he's called it Star Scream

Califrau Sun 13-Jul-08 22:34:36

whoopsididitagain Sun 13-Jul-08 22:46:39

oooh im gonna have a go at this never done a challenge before

meridian Tue 15-Jul-08 08:31:32

cali- yes I got your email.. did you get mine?

whoops- have a go and have fun with it...

smile

Gingermonkey Wed 16-Jul-08 23:20:05

I am doing this...but I am swamped with RL crappiness at the mo...but I am doing it...honest!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now