Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oasis question. (Not Gallagher, flower arranging type!)

(10 Posts)
spots Fri 21-Jan-05 14:57:55

Well, I want to stick some oasis on a jar and wedge my sticks into it. The woman in the oasis outlet said she uses glue gun glue for oasis. Is there anything else I can use?

Thanks a lot!

SoupDragon Fri 21-Jan-05 15:57:20

PVA? Superglue?

FineFigureFio Fri 21-Jan-05 15:58:46

you can get that green plastacene type stuff from florists or garden centres

spots Fri 21-Jan-05 19:57:05

I have never seen the green plasticene type stufff... is it sticky?

Could experiment with PVA and superglue; have both in the house...

Hausfrau Fri 21-Jan-05 20:29:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rosebudz Sat 22-Jan-05 07:01:51

what about trying the 'dry' oasis, it would be suitable if the sticks are dried. You can still cut the "Dry" oasis, it is usually used for dried arrangements. I was thinking you could remove what is needed to place your jar inside the oasis,trim to shape required, and then fit the whole thing into a larger container? Otherwise maybe you could attach it with some florist wire?

spots Sat 22-Jan-05 19:29:26

That sounds great. I will try Pva and S'glue as I do have them; buy some florists' tak (sounds ace) AND look out my wire supply for a belt'n'braces treatment. It is dry oasis that I have; the sticks I want to use are dry themselves. Thanks so much all of you. xxx

Libb Sat 22-Jan-05 19:39:15

Spots, whatchoo doing? I used green tape at Christmas when I was doing the infamous candle displays for the works doo . . . my flowers were fresh though and lot of the greenery was evergreen anyway.

spots Sat 22-Jan-05 19:55:18

Hi Libbah! I cut down some grungey old dead stuff in my garden and realised it looked nice next to a big purple glass bauble that sits doing nothing on our mantelpiece. So it's going to be a sort of, um, like a cross between a jar and a nest for the bauble. Like a big prickly ball with the bauble on top. Oh, how to describe this thing... Didn't know you'd done flowers for your works candles. You are a bit of a gradener aren't you?

spots Sat 22-Jan-05 19:55:56

he he, gardener even! did you think I was insulting you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now