Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

card help please?

(12 Posts)
lilsmum Mon 17-Jan-05 18:53:12

want to start making my own cards but need to know where is the best place to buy all the gear from?

Dingle Mon 17-Jan-05 19:05:25

There has been a few post about this lilsmum, have a look at previous posts on here, and before we had the Arts & Crafts section, there were a few threads going on Swap Shop. There is even a Yahoo link with some of our creations somewhere!
If you can't find what you need to know, then fire away- I am sure there will be someone around to help!
Goood luck with another, very addictive hobby!
Have you got anything yet?

IloveMarmite Mon 17-Jan-05 19:06:45

Tonnes of stuff on e.bay.

lilsmum Mon 17-Jan-05 22:55:44

nope not got a thing yet, i was looking at some stuff in the studio catalogue as they have a half price sale on at mo, but didnt know if they were cheaper than anywhere else tbh.

xx

JaysMum Tue 18-Jan-05 09:35:38

E-bay is pretty good for some things....but watch out for P&P costs...you can get a good bargain from there...I just got 100 hammer finished cards for 1.20....BARGAIN.
I also use a company called Artie-Kraftie....they sell loads of bits and bobs to get you started.
I just bought a new magazine called "do crafts"....it easily explains how to make your cards and lists all the things you need to get.
The examples of the cards are really good and there are some ace templates to use.
Also if you have a good craft shop near by see if they stock the Anita's range because its all on special at the moment....stamps from 99p and ink pads for £1.50.
Also check out www.docrafts.co.uk for more ideas.

Happy crafting.....

JaysMum Tue 18-Jan-05 09:47:11

I'll try and do the links to the sites I use....fingers crossed it works!!!!

*have a look at \link{http://www.artie-kraftie.co.uk/}

or

have a look at \link{http://docrafts.co.uk/}*

JaysMum Tue 18-Jan-05 09:47:56

Oh Bugger!!!!!!

I'm better at making my cards than using the computer!!!!!!!!!!

Dingle Tue 18-Jan-05 12:09:58

here you are!
Try artie crafty

or

Do crafts

lilsmum Tue 18-Jan-05 23:20:53

jaysmum, i am hopeless at doing links lol, thanks everyone for your help!! xxx

JaysMum Wed 19-Jan-05 17:26:26

Cheers Dingle......must learn how to do the links!!!

Dingle Wed 19-Jan-05 18:15:38

JaysMum, you were doing what I used to-you've missed off a description near the end-this is what will actually show on screen for the link IYSWIM, you were also using the wrong / too.

I just copy & paste from the instructions and alter the details by pasting from the site. It took by a while too!

JaysMum Wed 19-Jan-05 23:10:42

Dingle....the problem is that I only know how to cut and paste paper and card!!!!!and I'm not joking!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now