Talk

Advanced search

The sewing machine

(3 Posts)
biglips Mon 10-Jan-05 14:23:13

ive done sewing before and ive made jackets and other bits... ive got a sewing machine and ive bought some voile curtains to make (ive got a 7ft long drop window as i couldnt find any that are pre-made nice ones)... but the problem is i dont know where do i put the cotton on the sewing machine (as it was my mum who used to do it for me but shes living in France now) - help.

warmmum Mon 10-Jan-05 14:58:28

What do you mean? You should have the main spool somewhere on top, it should be obvious as there should be a thin thing to put the reel on! Then you should have a bobbin which will fit in underneath the needle. You need to check that when you pull the thread it goes the opposite way to that which you would expect (or that is the way it has been on every machine I have used).

If I haven't answered right, let me know!!

biglips Mon 10-Jan-05 16:53:48

thanks warmmum for ya advice. ive got everything ready but the sewing machine is an very old jones one (im used to new up to date sewing machines)and just found out its not working as nin bought it for me last year and never got round using it till now....so im gonna go to my auntys bridal shop and borrow hers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now