Talk

Advanced search

Opinions ART PARTIES

(11 Posts)
Nannies Tue 22-Apr-08 22:11:34

Opinions Please!!! ART PARTIES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, i am a Qualified Nanny looking to start my own business,

and thought that all you mums out there could give me some advice or opinions

I would be looking to do Art Parties. There would be a choice of about 7 boxes

Girls 3-6 and 7-11
Boys 3-6 and 7-11
and 3 themes ie Pirates, Faries, Knights /Princesses

and i would come to your house and do 2hrs of art with your children bringing all own materials ie paints activites, table covers aprons etc and do all cleaning up

I would also offer facepainting

If i could get soe feedback it would be much appriciated

Thanks

Beauregard Tue 22-Apr-08 22:14:24

Can i suggest maybe an animal theme ? some little girls may not be the princess type.

swampster Tue 22-Apr-08 22:20:12

Could well fly - parents LOVE party entertainment - and someone else to clean up after. I don't like the girl/boy split though. Have a look at Baker Ross for extra bits and bobs like party favours. Their temporary tattoos are great.

Nannies Tue 22-Apr-08 22:29:23

Thanks very much for feedback yes animals sounds great, this is all a work in progress i have my first partyin 2 weeks.

Baker ross is great!

RosaLuxembourg Tue 22-Apr-08 22:37:19

Those themes sound great for the younger age group, but I would consider something more 'grown up' for the 7-11s. I have an 8 and 10 year old and both love craft activities but would not go for the themes you suggest. I had a very successful fabric painting party for DD2's 8th birthday recently - I did a funfair theme and had sideshow type games and they painted a fabric bag to take their stuff home in. I have done tie dye in the past too, and glass painting. I think you need to be a bit more flexible for the older ones, there are fewer universal themes that work for them as their interests are more diverse. Maybe centre it round a particular activity.

Nannies Tue 22-Apr-08 23:07:32

thanks thats what i was going to do for older ones canvases tshirt designs painting ceramics etc

Can anyone help also with prices how much would you pay per head???

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 23-Apr-08 09:27:33

basic marbling is great to do with the older kids - very easy and exciting !!!! i've done this with 10yr 8yr & 7yr and they loved it grin [so did the adults!]

2sugarsagain Wed 23-Apr-08 09:35:20

Echo exactly what Rosa says - mine are 8 and nearly 9 and would probably want something more sophisticated. They go to a bi-monthly art class run by a TA with at their school - have done felting, silk painting, and some magical thing where they copied a tin of Lyle's Golden Syrup and Lea and Perrins and then magically transformed it into a cushion.

I think you need to break the ages down into three categories - and also that you don't need to make it sex-specific. Younger children will love doing stuff like making candles from Baker Ross's mouldable wax, for example, which would appeal to boys too, as would stuff like marbling/paper making.

Think this is a great idea and that there's a gap in the market. BTW, she charges £12.00 per child, 10-2.00pm, Saturday mornings, to include all materials. She has a helper. The children bring their own packed lunch and spend 1/2 hr eating eat.

Have you thought about premises/insurance?

HTH.

Twiglett Wed 23-Apr-08 09:37:38

I would suggest:

there is a huge difference between a 3/4 year old and a 5/6 year old. I think the same about 7/8, 9 and 10/11 so you might want to look at changing your age groups

most entertainers (although I've never had one) are for an hour rather than 2, allowing an hour for feeding and party games

facepainting would take you a good 5 mins per child and you'd need full attention.. can you really do that at the same time as running an art class?

you will need public indemnity insurance

you will need a contract for parents to sign regarding who is responsible for the children

2sugarsagain Wed 23-Apr-08 09:40:07

Sorry, marbling/paper making for the older ones!

And what twiglett says.

muminSW19 Tue 19-Aug-08 09:09:20

Hi Nannies,
is your business up and running? My 7yr old would love an art party in September, we're based in Wimbledon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now