Talk

Advanced search

Cardmaking Virgin

(5 Posts)
kkgirl Sat 01-Jan-05 10:09:25

Am very new to cardmaking, have made a couple of basic Christmas ones, and am now experimenting with birthday cards.

I used some handmade tissue paper with threads in, but found it difficult to attach to card. Tried to use the glue dots, but it showed through and ended up having to put silver stars on to cover it. Thought glue might seep through paper.

Can anyone help me with the best way to do this.

Dizzylizzy Sat 01-Jan-05 10:11:08

I THINK the paper you mean is mulberry paper, I use that alot, I find pritt stick or double sided sticky tape invaluable for attaching this, I tend to steer cleer of glue dots as they are overpriced and not very good in my opinion.

kkgirl Sat 01-Jan-05 11:11:53

DL

Thanks I will try this. I bought the glue dots because they sounded like a good idea, but must admit they are quite difficult to use, and don't lay flat.

winterwarmmummer Sat 01-Jan-05 11:50:16

You could try "Spraymount" glue, the permanent kind, not the repositionable. Make sure you use this stuff in a well ventilated room tho'.

Dizzylizzy Sat 01-Jan-05 12:46:03

I found the same problem with Glue Dots, wasn't impressed at all, you don't have to get the expensive pritt stik, I find a cheaper version works just as well.

Don't use pva on the thicker mulberry paper as it doesn't work very well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now