Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Shepherd's costume

(10 Posts)
DoesntChristmasDragOn Tue 21-Dec-04 14:16:45

Before I set about making it,I assume that beige trousers and top with a coloured tunic over the top and a teatowel on his head is an appropriate costume for DS2s performance as a shepherd?

DoesntChristmasDragOn Tue 21-Dec-04 14:17:07

Can't give him a shepherd's crook because he'd use it as a weapon.

emMerryChristmastmg Tue 21-Dec-04 14:33:03

Ds2 was a reluctant shepard at nursery and his costume was a metre or 2 of dodgy sack type material, folded in half then sewn along the sides(not completely, arm holes left obviously), a hole cut in it for his head and a checked tea towel. The edges were frayed to look authentic

Looked very shepard-y even though he was not amused at all!

DoesntChristmasDragOn Tue 21-Dec-04 14:34:09

No sack cloth in the Dragon house - DS2 is going to be a saffron polycotton shepherd!

emMerryChristmastmg Tue 21-Dec-04 14:34:11

opps! sorry forget to add, I think your sounds pretty similar so your ds will do a fine job sheparding!!

DoesntChristmasDragOn Tue 21-Dec-04 14:34:48

Yes, I forgot to add that too Off to sew a tunic.

emMerryChristmastmg Tue 21-Dec-04 14:35:31

Saffron polycotton indeed? A very posh shepard....maybe he's the boss

DoesntChristmasDragOn Tue 21-Dec-04 14:36:52

Oh, he is most definitely the boss

sparklynorthernstar Tue 21-Dec-04 15:23:30

LOL at using crook as a weapon. That's the exact reason my ds didn't have a crook when he was a shepherd last week

DoesntChristmasDragOn Tue 21-Dec-04 15:26:41

I was lying in bed this morning thinking "what if I used a long cardboard tube from some wrapping paper and somehow made a bent bit..." and then I pictured DS2 running rampage through the angels wielding a stick and thought better of it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now