wrong side looks better than right side?

(15 Posts)
SockYarn Sat 13-Jun-20 12:21:20

I am on a mission to use up all my odds and ends of yarn by making a striped blanket. All garter stitch, two rows in each colour. Great mindless TV knit. But as it progresses. I think I prefer the wrong side to the right.... what does everyone think?

OP’s posts: |
SoupDragon Sat 13-Jun-20 12:26:04

I prefer the second picture. I don't know which side that is!

SockYarn Sat 13-Jun-20 12:28:56

Sorry should have explained. The photo with the horizontal stripes is the right side. Vertical stripes are the wrong side.

Bunnybigears Sat 13-Jun-20 12:33:49

I prefer the second pic. But if it's a blanket surely it is 2 sided anyway.

Bigearringsbigsmile Sat 13-Jun-20 12:43:44

Like horizontal stripes better. But it's a blanket and therefore two sided?

SoupDragon Sat 13-Jun-20 12:44:29

I agree - with a blanket it doesn't matter. The "right" side is the one you like the best smile

FLOrenze Sat 13-Jun-20 16:53:52

I prefer the wrong side. It has a more rustic look to it

TooTiredTodayOk Sat 13-Jun-20 19:16:52

I like the horizontal side better.

wowfudge Sat 13-Jun-20 19:21:08

Another vote for the right side.

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Thu 18-Jun-20 10:10:49

Love the look of it, how big is it? Thinking of doing similar, so much to use up. Both sides look fine to me BTW - the ‘wrong’ side will be where you’ve sewn/woven in all the ends, won’t it?

CrystalMaisie Thu 18-Jun-20 10:36:24

Horizontal

YouWereRight Thu 18-Jun-20 14:32:39

I like the first picture. It's a blanket though, so just whichever you fancy at any given time!

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Sat 20-Jun-20 15:58:36

*@SockYarn*, can I ask whether you’re planning to sew in all the ends, or knot them into a fringe?
Thanks for the idea - I’m going to try something similar, maybe made in 4 rectangles, once I’ve finished current projects - there will still be a mass of different colours to use up. But I don’t think I could face sewing in a thousand ends!

SockYarn Sat 20-Jun-20 21:54:05

Undecided on the ends. I am most definitely not sewing them in. Knotting or leaving loose as a fringe.

My problem is knowing where to stop, the blanket is getting heavy when knitting. And it's a bit warm to have it all sitting on your lap, should have started it in September.

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Sun 21-Jun-20 09:11:57

I’m glad I won’t be starting mine until about September, then - several projects (mostly 🌲items) to finish first. Your colours look a lot more tasteful than mine - I’ve mostly been making very multicoloured things (not clothes) so it’s going to be a rainbow and a half.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in