Talk

Advanced search

The All New Mumsnet Patchwork & Quilting Circle...everyone welcome!

(13 Posts)
Lizzzombie Sun 23-Sep-07 16:43:28

Please join me in my quest to be be creative.
I cant do it on my own and need some encouragement from others!

What are you making & how is it going?

SueW Sun 23-Sep-07 16:50:03

Do I count if I am making a wall hanging?

I have a piece of fake leather that I am going to sew 'pieces of my family' onto. More of a sewn collage I suppose.

I fancy handprints cut from old pieces of clothing combined with other pieces that represent our interests e.g. music, rugby, food and wine, horse riding, dancing, mumsnet.....

Lizzzombie Sun 23-Sep-07 17:07:56

Or course!!

Post a photo of what you do and maybe we could have a 'gallery'.
Have you made any wall hangings before?

SueW Sun 23-Sep-07 17:24:10

Nope - only a banner for DD's school's sports teams to display at matches.

It might be a while before I'm in a position to get started on the hanging. There's the small matter of two rooms to decorate and a major party to plan, not to mention the 3,500 word essay I have to do (but at least that has to be done by tomorrow!)

Lizzzombie Sun 23-Sep-07 17:30:32

omg...good luck with that!

moondog Sun 23-Sep-07 17:31:36

Oh am a very keen quilter.
Sadi never again after the last one but four months on am getting severe withdrawal symptoms.

bran Sun 23-Sep-07 17:31:39

Hi, I'm making a quilt for a friend at the moment. It's pretty simple, made up of chessboard style 12" squares and 12" squares from a patterned fabric. The colourway is pale blue and brown.

I'm not going to be posting photos for a while as I can't find my camera blush and I don't know how to add them to my profile blush, but I will try and get onto it later.

dizzyday07 Sun 23-Sep-07 20:07:19

I'd like to join.

I keep saying to myself I'll make DD a patchwork quilt but all my other sewing orders seem to take presidence!!

Once I have a pattern sorted out and decided upon the fabric (I fancy a mix of white and coloured ginghams) I'll get going

Lizzzombie Sun 23-Sep-07 20:45:39

Great, glad to see there are a few of us.
I have twin nephews who turned 2 in August. I started making quilts for them when my sister was pregnant, and finished one of them last xmas, just before my own LO was born. I still havent finished the other twins quilt...and I was supposed to make one for my own baby too!
I have left it long enough, and I need to pull my finger out!

Yurtgirl Sun 23-Sep-07 22:23:16

Im in!

Except I cant start until Ive decided where to get my omnigrid ruler from

And decided which elephant fabrics to opt for

Bran reccomended some gorgeous ones to me on my thread earlier today but they are on an American site and I am totally ignorant about how to order in $$$ and yards!

Califrau Sun 23-Sep-07 22:31:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lizzzombie Mon 24-Sep-07 08:06:25

Yurt - whereabouts are you based?
Have you tried ebay? There are some quilters shops on there.

northender Thu 27-Sep-07 17:17:36

I'm in, haven't done any yet but keen to start. Mum is going to buy me some kit for my birthday, any ideas on what the most useful tools/bits and bobs are?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now