Stuck on knitting pattern - please help!!!

(3 Posts)
KatyaZamolodchikova Sun 07-Jun-20 17:37:36

Hi all, hope someone can make sense of this because i have ripped back from this point too many times. This is what the pattern says:

Row 1: S1PW, K1, YO, PM, [K to marker, YO, SM] until no markers remain, K until 2 stitches remain, YO, K2.
Row2: S1PW, K1, P1, [YO, K2tog] until 1 stitch before the marker, P1, SM, P until 2 stitches remain, K2.

Which is fine but the previous section ends:
You should have 3 stitches in section 1, 5 stitches in section 2, 7 stitches in section 3, 9 stitches in section 4, and 11 stitches in section 5, do not include the 4 border stitches when counting sections.

So row 1 creates a new section and adds one stitch to each section with the yarn over, leaving me with an even amount of stitches per section. How can I YO, k2tog and still have one left to purl before slipping the marker?!?? I am going crazy over it. I've checked for errata but no one else seems to have had an issue. Please help me!!

OP’s posts: |
Janeaustenrocks Sun 07-Jun-20 17:50:42

Can you show a picture because it's a bit hard to figure out what it is. The sections are confusing. How many markers per row etc. I think you can YO knit 2 together because before brackets it's 3 stitches then a repeat of two. Which will always give you one stich left before marker then one after?

KatyaZamolodchikova Sun 07-Jun-20 17:54:09

I think I worked it out, reading it back. The [YO, K2tog] Is only a repeat for section one. Then slip marker and purl to the end without the YO K2tog repeat.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in