Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

(Is this the right place?? , ah well...) Help needed with WEDDING CAKE DECORATION PLEASE!

(7 Posts)
kitsandbits Sat 22-Sep-07 19:50:52

My MIL is making the cake - Fruitcake (the food not my MIL wink ) plain white icing.

Now Im making a little me &Dp for the top, but need help with what to do with therest of it - it will lok bloody plain if I leave it.

Not keen on those masses of flowers that hang down.

3 tier cake - seperate tiers on 3 level cake stand.

Burgandy / winter wedding - dec 22nd

no santas or snowmen!!

babypowder Sat 22-Sep-07 20:45:11

I saw an absolutely gorgeous cake that had no other decoration than white ribbon tied around each tier. It was stunning!

Ettenna Sun 23-Sep-07 16:23:01

How about sprigs of holly with lots of berries and some ivy strands twined around each cake? Or some very good quality silk or satin ribbon in a rich colour - maybe with gold /silver embroidery on it? Or small swags of silk or maybe fine velvet twisted around each layer (resting on the cakestand)?

LIZS Sun 23-Sep-07 16:51:29

Agree simplicity is key . Deep red/gold ribbon and perhaps some occasional red icing flowers, maybe ivory icing not snow white. This is n't the same mil who has p'eed you about already though is it ? Had thought your wedding was end of October/November .

Nat1H Sun 23-Sep-07 21:39:55

Hin there kitsandbits. Have just read your other thread about what the bride and groom are made from. They will definately NOT be made from fimo!!
They will be made from sugarpaste or modelling paste (available from cake decorating suppliers).
Don't know much about fimo, but I would be worried about the weight of it and also how you would fix it to the cake.
You can fix sugarpaste/modelling paste to a cake quite easly and it will not be too heavy and so will not sink into the cake.

cluckychook Tue 25-Sep-07 05:27:45

How about Burgundy Freeze Dried Roses scattered on each layer of the cake.

seeker Tue 25-Sep-07 05:41:47

I did a wedding cake once that was plain white but with stripes of silver cake glitter, I used masking tape to mark off the stripes, then just brushed the glitter on. It looked lovely - really elegant, although I say it myself) and took about half an hour. Only works if the basic white icing is really well done and smooth, though (I didn't do that bit!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now