Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help - what kind of soap for felting?

(6 Posts)
GreebosWhiskers Tue 18-Sep-07 10:14:58

We were at an eco thing at the weekend & 2.6yo dd got all upset 'cos I didn't get away from our nappy stall in time for her to make a felt flower (luckily the nice lady on the stall gave her one from their display).

I have the wool rovings (they've been waiting on me trying out my drop spindle for about 6 months nowblush) so promised dd & I would make our own flowers this week but actually I don't have a clue what kind of soap we should use. Can anyone help?

GreebosWhiskers Tue 18-Sep-07 20:33:59

bump

lucykate Tue 18-Sep-07 20:36:44

i use a special one called turbo filtzer but try something like ariel liquid, washing up liquid may bubble up too much

Gingermonkey Wed 19-Sep-07 08:10:35

is there no end to your talents, LK? You can felt too. I think I love you and am going to put you on my list of wonderful hero types grin (it's the doll that's done it y'know!)

lucykate Wed 19-Sep-07 10:07:00

i'm not very good at it though, i have loads of wet felting roving from the place i used to work and have for weeks been attempting to make felted balls to use as heads on finger puppets. i finally got the technique right and made about 10, but ds has nibbled on the 4 best ones and bitten chunks out of them.

pesky kids, always getting in the way of art wink

Gingermonkey Wed 19-Sep-07 13:56:58

pesky kids indeed! Oh, I ordered Katy!!!!! Watch this space!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now