Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dress and fabric

(9 Posts)
rantinghousewife Tue 04-Sep-07 20:19:21

Have got this pattern here, do you think it would hang right if I made it with this [[http://www.fabricland.co.uk/10120017.jpg silk dupion, I'm thinking it would suit a more structured dress, rather than this floaty one. Give me your wisdom...please.

rantinghousewife Tue 04-Sep-07 20:20:24

The dupion is here dupion

Miaou Tue 04-Sep-07 21:43:11

No I don't think it would hang right ranting - from what I can see the fabric is folded over at the hem? The dupion you linked to would, I think, be too stiff to hang right. Plus I don't think it would bunch neatly at the neckline. I think that pattern would be better with a softer fabric, eg a satin-type one.

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 04-Sep-07 21:45:02

Deffo a soft fabric.
There seem to be lots of little folds/gathers and you would have real trouble sewing them I think.

MrsBadger Tue 04-Sep-07 21:46:41

dupion too stiff
silk jersey?

rantinghousewife Tue 04-Sep-07 21:46:53

Yeah, I thought so too, (tried to convince myself it wasn't the case) thought I would consult the wisdom of the craft gurusgrin.

dizzyday07 Tue 04-Sep-07 22:19:30

The pattern says:

FABRICS:
Dress: China Silk, Charmeuse, Double Georgette, Soft Silk-like Faille and Matte Jersey.
Slip: China Silk and Charmeuse.

rantinghousewife Tue 04-Sep-07 22:20:52

Yes thank you, dizzyday, I've read it! But, I've never been one to stick to the rules, rules are (sometimes) made to be broken.

rantinghousewife Tue 04-Sep-07 22:22:30

Which probably explains why all my (homemade) clothes are err... eccentric!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now