Talk

Advanced search

Need a pattern to make Christening dress and have noooo idea where to look - help!

(6 Posts)
Orchide Tue 04-Sep-07 10:39:39

Am havign my daughter christened next month and have decided to get her dress made using the fabric from my wedding dress - im not doing it, not clever enopugh!! Now i need adress pattern and have no idea where to get one from. Heres what i know.....
Nothing too flouncy.
Full length or longer
Ignore the voiley cape thing, like the top half of this, though is it practical for christening at end of october?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180154822511&ssPageName=MERCOSIVI ROSIPR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=180154822445&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_viewitem&refwidgettype =osi_widget

Orchide Tue 04-Sep-07 10:40:38

Meant to add...please help.....am seeing dressmaker on Friday!!!!!!!
shock hmm

rantinghousewife Tue 04-Sep-07 10:57:47

Not sure if these are a bit over the top, but here and here or maybe this one. I personally really like the second one.

rantinghousewife Tue 04-Sep-07 11:04:39

You could try browsing here if you find something you like, either get it from J lewis or order it by phone. I use fabricland, just phone them and quote the make of the pattern and the number, they deliver really fast.fabricland

Orchide Tue 04-Sep-07 11:12:00

Thanks for your ideas housewife...of the three prefer the last, although without collar...bit scared its a bit OTT..though its a christening...maybe its meant to??

do john lewis sell patterns....me and daughter may have to go shopping?!

rosmerta Tue 04-Sep-07 11:23:30

Orchide, if you're interested I may still have the pattern from my ds's christening gown. I'll see if I can dig it out for you and also find a photo of the gown. I can easily get it to you before Friday if you want!

I also had it made from my wedding dress, glad to see I'm not the only one smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: