What would you do with this very large piece of fabric?

(10 Posts)
PhilCollinsFingerWag Wed 29-Jan-20 16:03:40

Please can somebody help with this rather lovely piece of woodland cotton sewing fabric?

I bought it in the Black Friday sale, so it is very big due to the discount I got 😁.

As the pattern itself is quite large, I was thinking baby mats, but what colour would I add to the reverse?

Both green and orange would look too much, I think, but some advice would be very welcome and appreciated, thank you xx

OP’s posts: |
PhilCollinsFingerWag Wed 29-Jan-20 16:04:46

Eek, a photo would help. It is folded up a bit, but here it is.

PhilCollinsFingerWag Wed 29-Jan-20 16:07:19

What colour material that was meant to say, Minky, or Sherpa, or.....

Or something else entirely? ...

PickAChew Wed 29-Jan-20 16:11:59

I think a green would actually look lovely, so long as it's not brighter than the trees. . Possibly a polka dot. I agree that orange would be too much unless it was made to go on a particular room, though.

DontDribbleOnTheCarpet Thu 30-Jan-20 22:13:42

I would go for green too, or maybe the same red as the toadstools if I felt brave.
It would make a lovely backing for a quilt. Having said that, I am a tiny bit quilt-obsessed at the moment (I signed up for a Bluprint subscription and I thought I'd just watch one quilting video, which turned into all the quilting videos. Then I bought a kit or six and I've never looked back!).

MotherForkinShirtBalls Thu 30-Jan-20 23:55:32

Red would be gorgeous as a backing, or the yellow of the bird's wing.

AdaColeman Fri 31-Jan-20 00:00:48

I’d use the red of the strawberry or a pale lemon.

SoupDragon Fri 31-Jan-20 12:12:48

I'd go with the tree green for the "other" fabric too. The strawberry/toadstool red would work too (maybe red with white polka dots to match the toadstool.... too much pattern though?)

PhilCollinsFingerWag Fri 31-Jan-20 20:20:00

Thank you for all of your replies, I’m so sorry I missed them until now 😮.

Ok so green is back on, and will also look at red and pale lemon. That sounds nice.

I agree the toadstool red and white might be a tad too much though.

PhilCollinsFingerWag Fri 31-Jan-20 20:39:19

@DontDribbleOnTheCarpet those kits sound fab🧵

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in