Talk

Advanced search

Calling Califrau! Banner help needed please

(5 Posts)
SueW Fri 24-Aug-07 00:53:35

I'm doing a banner for school but I'm not sure what to do about how to hang it/hold it up.

The last one I did was designed to be at ground level on the edge of the sports field and so I got some short metal poles from the garden centre and made pockets down each side.

This needs to to be able to be held up, say at a swimming gala or perhaps even tied onto a fence, I think.

Any ideas?

Oh - it's about 5' wide and about 3' tall.

Califrau Fri 24-Aug-07 23:21:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Califrau Fri 24-Aug-07 23:23:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SueW Fri 24-Aug-07 23:40:03

Thank you MN BannerQueen grin

SueW Sun 26-Aug-07 23:16:09

I have turned over a couple of hems - at top and bottom - and run some twine through as it is needed tomorrow and I haven't been able to get anywhere to sort anything better. It will work to tie it to the fence and I can work on an alternative fixing system ready for the beginning of term grin

I'm thinking probably

- pockets at the sides at the back so it can be slid onto some poles and stuck into the ground plus

- eyelets somewhere for tying to fences

Could do with some of those foldable poles like you get in tents now. Could buy a really cheap tent from Tesco prob and do that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: