Talk

Advanced search

Would anyone like to see ....

(19 Posts)
Tillyboo Wed 22-Aug-07 15:31:51

My new designs ...

I've just started to make dogs as well as my horses, bunnies and hugglies.

I can accommodate any colour or ideas for designs otherwise just dream up my own combo's.

I'm working on a Spaniel type with floppy ears at the moment, I just love Springers !

You can take a peep at the current litter here

southeastastra Wed 22-Aug-07 16:21:22

oh they're lovely! really cute and weird in a nice way

MaureenMLove Wed 22-Aug-07 16:30:31

They're lovely! No. 7409 top right, has a bit of a look like the mice from Bagpuss! There's a thought for you - how about mice!

clapton Wed 22-Aug-07 16:36:16

They're lovely. I sooooo wish I was creative! Love the 'Molly' cushion and the dogs are so cute.

Whizzz Wed 22-Aug-07 16:38:15

These are all cute !

Gingermonkey Wed 22-Aug-07 21:18:18

tillyboo - they are fab! I'm back from holiday now so am ready for Mr Sausage to come and live with me . I hope he is ok with horses......

Tillyboo Wed 22-Aug-07 22:42:29

Hi GingerMonkey,

Thanks !

Did you have a fab holiday ? I hope sew ... (get it?) How many donkey's did you make up ? I hope you had time to relax too.

I've been sew busy too (he ! he!)

That's good timing as I posted Mr sausage today. I wasn't sure when you were back but thought you were away for a week.

Let me know when he's arrived safely.

UCM Wed 22-Aug-07 22:43:20

Those are lovely. You are very talented.

Tillyboo Wed 22-Aug-07 23:13:12

Thankyou all very much for all your compliments and kind words .

I'm feeling very chuffed and excited at finding something that I not only enjoy but can earn me a little pocket money after not working since I had my dd 3.4 years ago.

I'd much rather be staying at home being creative with my little girl than going back to my previous working life.

The financial aspect is very different but I'm soooooooo much happier

Gingermonkey Thu 23-Aug-07 06:39:44

Great! Today is my dd's birthday so I presume she will try and steal him....she has no chance, ha ha ha!!!
I only got 2 horses partially sewn up on hols - the baby monkey kept poking his head up from his cot and saying hello mama when I tried to do some sneaky late night sewing (I say late night - it was 9pm when we went to bed each night, no all night boozing for us ). We did have a lovely time though, and now I am raring to go with the rest of that wholesale order and trying to get organised for christmas! I am so totally in agreement with you about how great it is to make things like this and earn a little bit of money too. I haven't worked since dd was born 8 years ago, and I love having something that is totally mine.
btw, have you seen the new sewing basket in Cath Kidston? I'll see if it is on the website and do a link. I sew want it (and have circled it and drawn christmas trees round it as a subtle hint for DH!)

Gingermonkey Thu 23-Aug-07 06:42:13

looky here (I want it, I want it, I want it!!!!!)

Tillyboo Thu 23-Aug-07 09:17:28

Seen it, booked marked it, want it too !!!

It's fab isn't it. I just wonder whether it'd be big enough for all my bits. My poor dining room has been taken over by all my sewing stuff. I'm sure I'd find lots of uses for it though.

I have a huge Oak table but it's just covered in fabric, boxes of ribbons, felt, wool, buttons and other stuff. I just keep the door shut - to stave off being told off by my hubby, although he just laughs most of the time.

How much more wholesale stuff do you have to make ?

I need to make about another 20 horses and dogs for my craft weekend. I don't expect to sell everything but you need a good cross section of colours and designs to suit all tastes.
Plus I'm getting odd orders in between. I haven't done any marketing or advertising as yet as I want to get my stock in place first.

We are off to Cornwall for a few days so I'll be getting withdrawl symptoms. But it'll give my sore fingers time to recover and there is a fab fabric shop where we are going

FioFio Thu 23-Aug-07 09:19:12

Message withdrawn

Tillyboo Thu 23-Aug-07 09:22:55

Thankyou FioFio !

Gingermonkey Thu 23-Aug-07 11:00:16

Tillyboo, i have to make 6 horses and 6 rabbits for one shop and then a selection to show to some other shops. My friend is an agent for a jewellary company and visits gifty type shops all over Yorkshire and she wants to take some horses along with her when she does her visits. And then I want to get a big load made up for the christmas craft fairs, like you say - a good cross section is better than just having a few available. I need to update the shop too, because I haven't sold anything for the past week or so and it helps to keep things fresh. I need to get the fabrics that I have got used up so I can get some new ones - DH won't let me do any more shopping for a bit! I also need to get more organised with my stuff - it just seems to be scattered about the house at the minute. I think I will organise the utility room and claim it as my own!

Gingermonkey Sat 25-Aug-07 14:42:52

whoo, tillyboo, you about?!
My email is being a bugger and so I am going to find you this way instead....
Mr Sausage arived yesterday, and he is lovely, thank you so much! I love that dog fabric, where on earth did you find it? My friend would kill for it (she is dog obsessed).
Come on people, roll up and buy some dogsies from Tillyboo!

MaryAnnSingleton Sat 25-Aug-07 14:45:26

they are lovely - well done !

Gingermonkey Sat 25-Aug-07 15:29:29

oh, forgot to say too - I have applied for a regular stall at a craft market in town so cross your fingers for me grin

Tillyboo Sat 25-Aug-07 18:15:55

Hello, I'm here now ....

I am in sunny Cornwall for a few days - yes, the sun is shining and we've been on the beach at Crackington Haven all day. It's been 'Hot, Hot, Hot' today as Big Cook, Little Cook would say grin

My brother lives here with his family and so we get to stay in a lovely part of the world and get to go to the seaside absolutely free.

Kids are in the bath, I've sneaked onto the laptop to catch up with the racing results and checkout the weather for tomorrow AND to have a peep on MN (hubby can't say 'You on that again?')

Gingermonkey - so glad you like Mr Sausage, I think (not sure) that I got the fabric from an Ebay shop.
Talking of fabric I have been to the most fantastic fabric and craft shop down here. Oh My God ! It was like a child walking into a sweetie shop. So much choice, so many fantastic fabrics.

Ooh, just wait until you see my new creations with it. I have got some lovely 'Boy' fabric' and some funky florals too. I'm sooooo excited, in fact I'm going to call in on my way home on Tuesday and buy some more as I won't be down here for a couple of months.

Gm - you are going to make a killing with the horses if you get your stall, Good Luck, got everything crossed for you !

MaryAnne - Thank - you very much smile !

Well, I'm off for a shower now to wash the sand and salt out of me hair ...

Will check in later on grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now