Talk

Advanced search

RubyRioja.......Llama update.........

(14 Posts)
Gingermonkey Mon 13-Aug-07 10:46:18

I have almost finished making a llama, the challenge you so kindly set me

She has one leg so far, but the other one will be on tonight (when I have finished the ironing and packing for my holiday on weds). When she is done I'll put a pic on Flickr and link to it....watch this space! And then you can let me know how I did. I am rather impressed with her, she is very cute (I think anyway)

Gingermonkey Tue 14-Aug-07 14:16:12

and her she is, Ruby the Llama

Let me know what you think!!!!
Oh, I go away early in the morning for a week so I may not reply if you don't see this tonight. I think she is lovely, but if you don't please don't be scared to tell me (Ruby may spit at you though!). I'm not going to pressure you to buy her or anything, I just enjoyed the challenge.

And if anyone challenges me to any more animals - BRING IT ON!!!! The weirder the better, this was lots of fun!!!

Nbg Tue 14-Aug-07 14:16:58

Ginger that is bloody marvellous

Love it!

Gingermonkey Tue 14-Aug-07 14:19:10

thank you very much, I think it does look like a llama of sorts (my first couple of attempts just looked like donkeys or weird rabbit/horse combos - not very good at all!!!).

Nbg Tue 14-Aug-07 14:21:19

It does look like a llama.

Its brilliant.

I want one for my new baby due in Nov.

Gingermonkey Tue 14-Aug-07 14:25:59

If you want me to make you one just cat me or email me, katyejones at hotmail dot com and I can do something for you in whatever colours you like. Even match it to the nursery if you know what you are having and how you are decorating the room. (am working on some other baby things to coordinate too...secret things though at the minute )

Nbg Tue 14-Aug-07 15:32:12

I will do Ginger.
Baby boy is due in Nov. I'm not one for blue for boy pink for girl so something bright or maybe greys. I'm not sure.
Will have a look at your others on Etsy.

Will they be ok for when baby is around 6 months ish?
My ds has a jellycat rabbit that he loves but he started playing with it around 6 months ish.

I think its a boy thing. My dd was never into teddies!

Gingermonkey Tue 14-Aug-07 15:55:33

I can make you a totally baby friendly one with appliques and no buttons, or get some safety eyes if you'd prefer. I am going to do a few baby ones when I get back from holiday (not cutesy baby though, more bright and stimulating).
I just need to have a look for some new bright and unisex fabrics.

RubyRioja Tue 14-Aug-07 16:05:13

I luuurve her! She is super. Also love Llama updates!

What's the damage? Can send chq or paypal.

Gingermonkey Tue 14-Aug-07 16:09:02

I'm so glad you like her. My MIL was just trying to steal her and I told her to shoo!!! She's a tenner plus £1 for postage, (Ruby the Llama, not my MIL!)Paypal is best, my addy is katyejones at hotmail dot com. If you send me a payment tonight I can get my SIL to post her tomorrow coz I am away on my hols in the very early morning

RubyRioja Tue 14-Aug-07 16:15:03

Have sent money. V impressed you have time to llama breed this close to your hols!

Will send another tenner for MIL but only if she likes ironing

Happy hols

Gingermonkey Tue 14-Aug-07 16:23:33

Great - got rid of MIL too!!!! I am taking sewing on holiday with me too, I am a complete saddo!

RubyRioja Tue 14-Aug-07 16:30:24

I went on special trip to wool shop for holiday knitting - so kindred spirit!

Gingermonkey Tue 14-Aug-07 17:16:49

so glad I'm not alone!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now