Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Knitting in cable for the first time...

(4 Posts)
thechickenlady Fri 10-Aug-07 09:59:42

Can anyone help please? I'm knitting what my book calls a 'simple cable', which says to C6F every 6 rows.

My knitting is normally quite neat over stocking stitch etc, but the stitches along each side of the cable look a bit stretched and raggy. Am i missing something?

Marina Fri 10-Aug-07 10:17:18

Not really, good cabling takes practice IME! Try and keep the tension that bit tighter at the end of each cable section. I have practiced doing cable squares for a blanket and there is a marked difference between my first square, which is deffo baggy, and the latest one, which looks far neater

thechickenlady Fri 10-Aug-07 10:35:02

Yes, it's that bit at the end of the cable section that looks ragged... the bit on the right had side looks fine.

It's for a cushion cover, and I'll have to look at it for the next few years.... maybe I should do something simpler instead.

Tamum Fri 10-Aug-07 20:32:35

I agree with Marina, but it's probably worth adding that a lot depends on the yarn IME. If it's got a bit of elasticity to it then it's much easier to keep neat than with cotton, say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now