Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need your top tips

(15 Posts)
jofeb04 Sun 22-Jul-07 14:11:44

I'm making gift packs which I plan to sell on ebay first, consisting of aromatherapy products etc for pregnancy, birth, postnatally, incorporating personalised shampoo, bondy lotion etc.

So, I am now thinking of making some sort of breastfeeding bracelet, or necklace, and if mum is not b/f, then it is something that dc can play with whilst being fed!

I've been looking on ebay, and not too sure how to tell if something looks good etc. BTW, this is my first time at making jewellery as well!

Thanks in advance!

Whilst I am here, also looking at using crystals in a similar form etc, is ebay any good for this?

jofeb04 Sun 22-Jul-07 14:12:20

Things I hve looked on ebay are beads etc.

Thanks

VeniVidiVickiQV Sun 22-Jul-07 14:12:35

do you mean for buying or selling?

VeniVidiVickiQV Sun 22-Jul-07 14:12:57

Whizz is the lady to ask. She is fab with jewellery making and beads.

jofeb04 Sun 22-Jul-07 14:15:44

I'm planning on selling them!

Thanks VVVQV

jofeb04 Sun 22-Jul-07 14:16:05

Want to buy off ebay as I've got money on my paypal account!

VeniVidiVickiQV Sun 22-Jul-07 14:21:57

Some of them arent bad. You can get good deals, and not so good deals. Its certainly worth checking out your local craft shop/haberdashery and comparing prices with ebay.

I would imagine you could sell gift things like that quite easily on ebay too. Especially if you set up a shop on there.

jofeb04 Sun 22-Jul-07 14:35:55

Thanks VVVQV,

Looking at a shop in the future, would you buy a bf bracelet?

If you were still bf?

VeniVidiVickiQV Sun 22-Jul-07 14:37:21

Probably not, but, thats very much a personal thing.

There are lots of Mums out there that do. Might be worth an ask on thread?

jofeb04 Sun 22-Jul-07 14:39:47

I will start a thread soon, going to make some up when I get a chance, and see what they look like.

Thanks alot

Whizzz Sun 22-Jul-07 14:44:39

I've made a BF necklace for Tentiebug however I found it hard to source beads that were guaranteed non toxic (glass are no good becuase of the risk of chipping). In the end I used gemstone nuggets however you need to be 110% sure that all is safe. I stressed not to let baby put the necklace in their mouth but am still worried.

jofeb04 Sun 22-Jul-07 14:47:09

Thanks Whizz, going to have a look on ebay now!

Whizzz Sun 22-Jul-07 14:52:37

Watch out though as some gemtones are dyed
What sort of things are you looking for ?

jofeb04 Sun 22-Jul-07 15:01:39

Not to sure really, was thinking of a simple bead bracelet as part of a gift pack, now not to sure because of the risk of them being toxic

Whizzz Sun 22-Jul-07 15:30:54

You can find things, you just have to search
here's the necklace I made

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now