Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I need some good activity ideas for primary-school kids.

(7 Posts)
lunavix Fri 20-Jul-07 19:26:41

I have two 8 year olds, a nine year old and a ten year old pretty much full time over the holidays.

I want lots of nice crafty ideas to do with them, preferably cheapish...

we've done quite a bit in the past (off the top of my head making boxes with lolly sticks, making polystyrene bugs, decorating flower pots and sticks, making photo frames, hama beads etc etc )

but please, more ideas would be fab They like 'projecty' ideas a lot.

charliecat Fri 20-Jul-07 19:30:00

Copyed an pasted from another thread...Doesnt have to be in bath, you could have potions in the garden...Tell you whats a hit in my house..and
cheap...food colouring in the bath, with spoons plastic cups etc. Dilute it in a cup first or it does stain, although it does come off, but if you dilute it first and dont let them have the bottle(silly me) its effortless fun for them and peace for you

lunavix Fri 20-Jul-07 19:50:16

I think they're a little old for that perhaps....

southeastastra Fri 20-Jul-07 19:52:15

you could get some modroc it's like plaster on thin wire, they can make their own models. it's fun and mucky

CarGirl Fri 20-Jul-07 19:55:31

more gardening type stuff, have you got lego - get them to design and build out of that?

lilolilmanchester Fri 20-Jul-07 19:59:19

collect a load of old junk (cereal boxes, yoghurt pots etc etc) and get them to make models? Give them a theme. Our school does this every year, aliens today, and the kids loved it.
Also maybe a holiday diary so they can write about/draw pictures of whatever they've done that day, stick in tickets etc if you have a day out.
Get some wallpaper lining paper, draw round each of the children, and let them colour/paint/collage face/clothes etc (tho perhaps not enough room for 4 to do at once unless the weather gets better).
Teach them to knit/sew if that's your thing.
Mosaics, using bits of coloured paper (old magazines/catalogues will do) then make a cardboard frame to frame it with.
I'd also suggest asking their ideas. My DD is very arty-crafty and is very good at just getting on with things with whatever she can find (while mum's on MN!!)

charliecat Fri 20-Jul-07 20:28:28

My 9 year olf enjoys harry potter type potioning with the food colouring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now