Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

vintage buttons/thin wire and equipment...

(17 Posts)
MaryAnnSingleton Fri 13-Jul-07 10:05:28

where can I source these - I would like some interesting/ vintage buttons ? And what would you recommend I get in the way of materials and equipment - I'd like to make some decorative things using buttons threaded onto wire - so would I need special pliers etc - sorry for being ignorant !

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 13-Jul-07 10:30:54

anyone ? I'm keen to get started on my new craft !!!

NaeDanger Fri 13-Jul-07 10:38:41

ebay for the buttons maybe?

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 13-Jul-07 10:40:25

silly me, hadn't thought of that NaeDanger - good idea !

Whizzz Fri 13-Jul-07 15:35:09

OO sounds intriguing - what sort of things are you planning ????
(you could check out charity / antique shops too)

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 13-Jul-07 16:02:13

Whizzz - I bought some nice heart shaped decorations in a nice shop as presents and thought 'I could do that ' as you do - I also have some other little things made of wire threaded with sequins and jewels - very simple but pretty. Chaity shops might be a source though - thanks !

Whizzz Fri 13-Jul-07 17:25:55

Sounds nice - you will have to post some pics

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 13-Jul-07 19:06:04

yes I will ! feel quite excited about it - just need to get the stuff and practice !

CalifrauniusFudge Fri 13-Jul-07 19:10:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 13-Jul-07 19:25:01

oh dear, nowhere near Cardiff - do they do mail order ?

CalifrauniusFudge Fri 13-Jul-07 19:27:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FioFioJane Fri 13-Jul-07 19:29:07

go and seek out your local charity shops

iesha Sat 14-Jul-07 10:07:09

Another bid for charity shops here. My local one has boxes of old buttons that they cut from clothes that arn't really good enogh to sell. I now have my own box full that I really need to find something to do with, I just can't resist anything that could be crafty.

TheChamberofCarrots Sat 14-Jul-07 10:29:15

Vintage fairs are great for buttons too, I got a huge rainbow diamante 1920's shoe button at one in Clapham last year. I loved it, unfortunately dd loved it too and it's vanished from the box. I know she can't remember where she put it but you know, ggrrr

MaryAnnSingleton Sat 14-Jul-07 14:36:59

thanks - will check out charity shops etc - have already seen nice stuff on eBay !

FuriousGeorge Wed 18-Jul-07 21:28:52

rummage sales,charity shops,market stalls.I've also seen them up for auction at our local auctioneers when they have had to get rid of the contents of an old drapers shop.

loopyredangel Thu 19-Jul-07 22:04:17

I make wooden heart heart hangers, good place to source things definetely ebay! I get all my wire and ribbons, tools and hearts from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now