Hobbies

(12 Posts)
mrsawhite Mon 28-Jan-19 15:28:11

What ideas do people have for starting a hobby? I feel like I don't actually do anything for enjoyment. Just the usual. Housework. Work. Cooking. Would love a hobby. But don't know what!

OP’s posts: |
dotty12345 Tue 29-Jan-19 05:57:49

I knit and sew, would love to be able to crochet but not mastered it yet!

Happysaurus Tue 29-Jan-19 06:03:02

I crochet, it’s easy enough to put down mid row and you only need a ball of wool and hook smile but it does keep me sane!
I do wish I could knit but I’m just not that coordinated!

Alysanne Tue 29-Jan-19 10:27:38

I started papercutting last year and just ordered my first set of knitting needles. Havent knitted since I was little and looking for something fun that I can take away on holidays.

Papercutting is enjoyable but can hurt my back after spending several hours leaning over a table. Maybe I need a better set up smile

jojo895 Tue 29-Jan-19 10:34:55

I do a lot of cross stitch - a lot of the kits come with everything you need to get started. I find it really therapeutic and easy to pick up and put down smile

spinabifidamom Fri 08-Feb-19 14:55:23

Beadwork?

Just be warned it's quite fidgety. But I love doing it.

MumUnderTheMoon Fri 08-Feb-19 20:40:40

I love crocheting it's really easy I picked it up from YouTube. I have been crocheting for 18 months I made most of my Christmas presents this year and anything I make is a little bit unique and special it's lovely to make something for friends/ family.

mrsawhite Fri 22-Feb-19 14:06:37

I watched a couple of YouTube videos on crocheting and still can't seem to get my mind around it! Appears to be quite a few kind of stitches?

MashedSpud Fri 22-Feb-19 14:16:51

Bella coco on YouTube, her absolute beginners videos. I learnt from her and i’ve only been crocheting for a few weeks and have a stack of granny squares.

RubaiyatOfAnyone Fri 22-Feb-19 14:30:16

I’m doing up a huge dolls house i bought on ebay, but i don’t expect anyone else to find that interesting except me grin

Otherwise, i cross stitched an advent calendar that was supposed to be done by baby’s first christmas but was actually up for her fourth blush, and i’m finally getting back into reading which i have missed.

Nodancingshoes Tue 26-Feb-19 18:49:14

I've just started making cards - loving it so far

mrsawhite Wed 27-Feb-19 07:58:49

@MashedSpud and it was easy enough to follow? I would love to make some blankets out of granny squares!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in