You need any license to sell Sloe Gin at a craft fair do you?

(8 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Sat 15-Sep-18 13:46:28

Really doubting myself now ...

I’m sure I’ve bought some from a craft fair confused

OP’s posts: |
AlexanderHamilton Sat 15-Sep-18 13:52:29

I’m pretty sure you would need a licence.

AlexanderHamilton Sat 15-Sep-18 13:55:11

FRom researching further it appears that some markets & craft fayre provide a liquor licence as part of their service. Others won’t though.

LaurieFairyCake Sat 15-Sep-18 17:22:27

They also sell it at our local farmers market - pretty sure they don’t have a license

OP’s posts: |
AlexanderHamilton Sat 15-Sep-18 17:32:43

They might have a Temporary Event Notice.

MsHomeSlice Sat 15-Sep-18 17:51:06

can you sell the bottle, with free gin?

I think once it was mooted we sell mince pies with a free mulled wine/juice at the school christmas fayre.

CrochetBelle Sat 15-Sep-18 17:53:39

Just do what you want. Argue with yoda, no-one will.


theboxofdelights Sat 15-Sep-18 18:10:30

Yes you will need a license (TEN). The person selling gin at the farmers market will have a different license, a personal license.

The licensing act defines the supply of alcohol as 'the sale by retail of alcohol, or the supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club to, or to the order of, a member of the club'.

You can't get round it at all, not by selling the bottle or a ticket with a free bottle or anything else.

You could choose to ignore the Licensing Act, that is the only way round obtaining a license but I wouldn't ignore a statute personally.

Phone your local district council, they have responsibility for licensing.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in