Can anybody please tell me what this is called (haberdashery I suspect)

(6 Posts)
Sallythedog Fri 06-Jul-18 15:16:12

I need to buy a couple of these things, larger than the one shown on a raincoat, but don't know what to search for. Not sure how to describe it, in case the photo doesn't properly show. When you pull of the string on the raincoat hood, you can move this metal part to hold the string in place. Hope that makes sense.

Help gratefully received.

OP’s posts: |
snickledon Fri 06-Jul-18 15:18:34

A cord / coat toggle seems to bring up what you are looking for. Not sure if that's their proper name

Talith Fri 06-Jul-18 15:19:04

Try googling "toggle for clothing".

BrokenLink Fri 06-Jul-18 15:19:16

It's called a toggle cord lock

Justjibberish Fri 06-Jul-18 15:19:49

Are these any good

PestymcPestFace Fri 06-Jul-18 15:20:45

They get called a few thingsmetal spring lock stopper, Cord Toggle Fasteners, drawstring cord lock

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in