Talk

Advanced search

Crocheting with dodgy thumbs and elbows

(10 Posts)
Gingaaarghpussy Wed 13-Dec-17 19:15:45

I have decided to take up crocheting again. I discovered much to my annoyance, that having 'double jointed thumbs' and a dodgy right elbow is not conducive to comfy crocheting.
I meandered round t'internet and now have elbow and thumb support things. I have also invested in ergonomic hooks.
Is there anything else I can do to reduce the immediate ache? The thumb support works because it stops the bottom joint going inwards, but the elbow support only does so much.
It's taken me a long time to pick up my hooks again, due to crap mental health and I don't want to admit defeat before I've really got going

Gingaaarghpussy Wed 13-Dec-17 20:22:28

Tumbleweed coming through

Gingaaarghpussy Wed 13-Dec-17 22:51:41

Billy no mates dodges the tumbleweed to wave hi

Stitchit Wed 13-Dec-17 22:52:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gingaaarghpussy Thu 14-Dec-17 00:35:00

The tumbleweed, Billy and I say thank you v er y much for your reply. I will use your suggestionsgrin

Stitchit Thu 14-Dec-17 12:12:37

Gingaaarghpussy Fri 15-Dec-17 01:18:27

It's only recently that I've started crocheting again. With attention span of a gnat I need to do lots of different things. The one thing that I don't do is watch TV. I'm crocheting a granny square at present using chunky wool, so I get the results quicker and the hook is big too

Stitchit Fri 15-Dec-17 10:16:43

liz70 Sat 16-Dec-17 12:52:37

"My other hobby is quilling with paper but my back has been playing up and I find I hunch over to work so I've put that aside for now."

Perhaps an adjustable slanting table top easel/art board type thing that you could clip your work to might help with that?

Stitchit Sat 16-Dec-17 14:33:00

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: