Talk

Advanced search

Online material shop?

(7 Posts)
SisterA Tue 14-Nov-17 13:15:12

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy good quality fabrics online? I've recently gotten into clothes making but there aren't any fabric/sewing shops in my city. The nearest is John Lewis but I can't find anything in the kind of material I'm looking for.

Was hoping to make some Christmas pjs... maybe I'm some sort of patterned brushed cotton? Fabric selection isn't something I'm really comfortable with but there's just nowhere near by where I can ask for advice & im feeling sorry for myself about it! I want to go touch them all!

NineteenForever Mon 27-Nov-17 06:42:36

I use Clothspot, Fabric Godmother, Minerva crafts, Truro fabrics and Croft Mill.

Chocolateteabag Fri 08-Dec-17 05:02:42

MyFabrics - they are a German company - you can get swatches of fabrics and they then deduct the P&P you paid off your next order (if you decide to order) they have a good range

hugoagogo Sat 09-Dec-17 17:47:48

the remnant house

Katescurios Sun 10-Dec-17 19:20:07

I like fabric guild, but I usually go to the warehouse shop as they're nearme. fabricguild.co.uk/?s=Brushed+cotton&post_type=product

Flightywoman Sat 16-Dec-17 23:33:54

Abakhan is good and for Liberty fabrics you want Shaukat - the prices don't include VAT but are around half the price of Liberty itself.

Flightywoman Sat 16-Dec-17 23:35:22

Oh and Standfast and Barracks - they do phone orders, their facebook page shows the new arrivals - and their shop is in Lancaster if you're near there or ever likely to be passing through!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: