Talk

Advanced search

can I make candles with ordinary perfume or do I have to buy special stuff?

(6 Posts)
Flimp Wed 25-Oct-17 17:44:24

As the title says.

I've bought some cheap perfume dupes from Perfume Parlour and one of them is so GORGEOUS that I'm wondering if they're any good for candles?

I've got all the stuff for the candles except the scent and I've never made them before.

Flimp Thu 26-Oct-17 12:23:06

Can anyone advise?

SmileSunshine Thu 26-Oct-17 12:25:01

Isn't most perfume highly flammable? You might need to use special perfume or essential oils instead.

BertrandRussell Thu 26-Oct-17 12:29:56

I've never successfully made scented candles- they never smell strongly enough. But I do k is that you need scented oils to blend in with the wax. Ordinary scent is spirit based so it would splutter at best and catch fire at worst. I think.

DownTheDuckPond Thu 26-Oct-17 12:31:09

You need to buy fragrance oil - don't use perfume, as SmileSunshine says, it's flammable! There's a huge variety available, you can opt for fragrance oil, or essential oils, then up to you if you go natural / organic or prefer the more artificial scents (so more like Yankee Candle etc.) Ebay is a good starting point and there's plenty of sellers that do perfume dupes.

Flimp Thu 26-Oct-17 12:58:09

ooh blimey, glad I asked! shock

thanks, I'll have a mooch around ebay. Shame though because I'm going mad for the Molecules 01 dupe I'm wearing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now