Talk

Advanced search

Crochet Raindrop Stitch Issue

(8 Posts)
charalamba Mon 23-Oct-17 22:31:03

I’m attempting the pattern from this blog: http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/raindrops-stitch.html

A lot of people have had this issue but it doesn’t look like the blogger has addressed the issue (see comments section at the bottom of my link).

It’s meant to look like the first image, but mine looks like the second.

Any ideas why???

Thank you!

charalamba Mon 23-Oct-17 22:33:34

Sorry, to clarify, the raindrops don’t align like they ought to, they veer off to the right, so if I carry on, will end up with wonky raindrops rather than in straight vertical lines.

YouWereRight Tue 24-Oct-17 20:42:08

Have you tried asking on Facebook or Instagram? I follow Attic24, and she seems fairly active on there.

I quite like the wonky rain drops though.

yaela123 Mon 30-Oct-17 20:33:21

I can't see it that well waiting for new glasses but it looks to me like the original is not perfectly aligned either?

charalamba Mon 30-Oct-17 21:14:03

I posted on the Attic24 site and also Facebook but got no replies which was disappointing.
However I found a work around, which, although not the same as Lucy’s original stitch, looks pretty decent.

What do you think? Original on the left, mine on the right. Still have no clue how she got it to work in her version though!

charalamba Mon 30-Oct-17 21:15:38

Can’t get images to upload! Will try again

ProfessorCat Mon 30-Oct-17 21:18:35

Hers are slightly off to the left. Maybe it would straighten with blocking.

charalamba Mon 30-Oct-17 21:20:50

Again...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: