Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a crochet scarf pattern or stitch for this specific yarn

(8 Posts)
Alabasterangel6 Mon 16-Oct-17 16:42:45

I'm lusting after some red heart boutique unforgettable yarn (stained glass being my fave, but I also really like tidal and dragonfly).

I can crochet (just). I have loads of hooks in various sizes. I can do granny squares and have just made an amugurami soft toy.

I want to make a scarf in that lovely yarn, but I want something holey or light, but that also shows off the variegation of those colours to their best.

Can anyone recommend a stitch or pattern I should be looking for? Hairpin is the only no-no (scary). I'm willing to be brave and try but don't want to get defeated.

I'm on Pinterest and ravelry but the choice is just overwhelming and confusing relating to ability really.

Thank you!

HappyAxolotyl Mon 16-Oct-17 20:47:22

I've made loads of scarves with this yarn! My favourite is the Dragonfly Infinity Scarf. Also nice is the Mindless scarf. Both on Ravelry and both really easy. Virus shawls are nice in this yarn too, also much easier than it looks.

Alabasterangel6 Mon 16-Oct-17 22:21:43

Virus shawls really really scare me. But the infinity scarf looks lovely. I wonder if it's easier than the windowpane I just started? I just love that yarn so much, it's beautiful.

It's not going that well; but I'm having to covert from US to U.K. which isn't helping my ability!

Row three contains 'TR stitch'. The key only has TC stitch (written as treble crochet) so double treble in U.K. but what is TR? Is it an error and it also just means treble?

It's the link in this one:
www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/windowpane-scarf-3

I've come to bed in a huff because I can't work it out.

Polter Mon 16-Oct-17 22:31:34

I've made several windowpane scarves and it's one of my favourite patterns, works lovely with a long colour change yarn and quick once you get going. The stitches used in UK terms are double, half trebles and double trebles.

Alabasterangel6 Mon 16-Oct-17 22:42:08

Thank you. I will try again tomorrow to get going!

Polter Tue 17-Oct-17 07:15:25

If took me a few attempts to perfect it, but it's worth it smile

tribpot Tue 17-Oct-17 07:33:27

The chart has it correctly - so TR is a typo for TC.

Alabasterangel6 Tue 17-Oct-17 08:08:16

Thank you. Hoping for a quiet lunch hour while I'm working from home today. I'll have another go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now