Talk

Advanced search

Singer Brilliance from Lidl

(2 Posts)
Kerantli Tue 10-Oct-17 00:28:48

Have asked my mum to see if she can find one in Lidl this week but won't be disappointed if she says no/can't find one but I do have a few questions;

Anyone have any experience with it?
Does it work well?
How is it with layers? I make cloth sanitary pads so need it to go through quite a few layers of flannel

and any general gripes about the machine would be good as well!

MaudAndOtherPoems Wed 18-Oct-17 18:50:15

I bought one from Lidl about a year ago. I'm very fond of it, especially because you can shift the needle position (making it very easy to get the 1/4 inch seam you need for quilting) and it has several fancy stitches that I use quite often (and lots more that I haven't tried yet). I've made a few quilts with it, and it's coped fine with the layers there (although I guess your pads might have more or tougher layers). Do you have a walking foot? I don't, but suspect that might help with (e.g.) seams in quilts where there are even more layers to tackle.

The downsides are that it doesn't feel quite as substantial as my ancient Toyota (more plastic in its construction, I guess) and has a slightly rattly feel to it. For the money, I think it's been a good buy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now