Advanced search

Crochet kits from Aldi

(3 Posts)
onestepforwardtenstepsback Sun 01-Oct-17 13:50:01

So my friends husband bought her the unicorn crochet kit from Aldi. She can't crochet so said I would do it.
I can't work out if the pattern is in uk or us terms. Anybody know please?

s4rah19 Wed 18-Oct-17 20:32:16

My mum made the body and realised it didn't look right. She had a look on the Aldi website and apparently where it states DC it should be single (in US they call single DC - I'm not sure myself but you could have a look and maybe it will make sense to you)

Polter Thu 19-Oct-17 08:26:25

It's the other way round s4rah, a UK double crochet is called a single crochet in the US. A UK treble is a US double etc.

If a pattern asks for single crochet (SC) or half double crochet (HDC) you know it's American.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: