Slow drying ink pen?? For freehand embossing?

(9 Posts)
FrogTime Sat 23-Sep-17 13:12:26

Hello!

I'm hoping someone may have come across a decent pen to do freehand designs with, staying set just long enough to get some embossing dust to stick.

I've tried everything I have and it all dries too quickly. I don't want to do masterpieces or anything just words in different fonts without needing to buy stamping sets I'm not keen on.

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
QueenMorpheacadoChamelepen Sat 23-Sep-17 13:18:57

Have you tried Sakura glue pens? I don't do embossing but I think the cardmakers who recommended them to me use them for this.

FrogTime Sat 23-Sep-17 13:36:15

Interesting, I hadn't considered a glue before.

I will give that a go! Thank you smile

QueenMorpheacadoChamelepen Sat 23-Sep-17 14:57:08

You're welcome! They're like a ballpoint pen and the glue is blue until it dries clear so you can see where it is. I've just had another thought though, fountain pen and calligraphy inks tend to dry a bit slower so that might work too?

ShatteredGlass Sun 24-Sep-17 07:53:46

Have you tried a Versamark pen? Versamark ink pads are the best for clear embossing and they do a pen too.

FrogTime Tue 26-Sep-17 07:24:25

Awesome, will try those too!

I already have a fountain pen and ink. Will do a trip to hobbycraft this weekend for versamark!

Will let you know what works! Thanks

GoldenFlaps Wed 27-Sep-17 13:40:55

There's also an embossing ink pen which is probably very similar to Versamark but IIRC the ink is blue so you can see what you've written.

I don't want to teach my granny to suck eggs here grin but did you know there are different colours of embossing powders? So you can use clear ink and colour it with the powder, although you would get a stronger colour using the same ink and powder but if you're struggling to find the right ink you might not have that luxury.

IsAnyoneElseMissingCheese Thu 28-Sep-17 18:48:23

Hi, yeah I've got a few different colour powders grin mostly Xmas colours!

I usually use a clear ink pad for stamping but it's just freehand I havent been able to crack yet 😂

not worried on this ink colour as it's a block colour powder covering it so it should be fine. I hope!

GoldenFlaps Fri 29-Sep-17 08:21:56

Cool. Good luck smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in