Talk

Advanced search

Would any fellow craft sellers like to critique my shop page?

(16 Posts)
TeaPleaseTa Mon 18-Sep-17 10:03:17

I have an Etsy shop. I have 100% satisfaction on reviews but very low sales. I use Twitter and FB groups and those weekly online hours where everyone shares each others' stuff - last night for example an hour on Twitter got me 135 visits.
So if you have experience of selling or are an interested shopper with time on your hands, I'd be chuffed if I could PM you the link. I'll then put on my hard hat for your comments. Is it the products? Is it my page layout? Is it market saturation?
Thanks for any help with this.

Dodie66 Mon 18-Sep-17 10:14:24

To be honest I found it really hard to sell on Etsy
Thr are so many people selling on ther and Etsy keep changing things that make I harder for uk sellers. I now only sell on eBay and am doing well. eBay gets a lot more traffic. You might like to try a few one eBay and see how you get on.

frisbeefreedom Mon 18-Sep-17 10:17:39

I'm a shopper, feel free to PM the link!

TeaPleaseTa Mon 18-Sep-17 13:02:08

Hadn't thought about Ebay, only use that for occasional personal selling. Would I need some sort of business account? Frisbee I will PM you, thanks.

TeaPleaseTa Tue 19-Sep-17 09:12:44

Thanks to Frisbeefreedom for sending detailed notes on how the shop comes over, really helpful grin

steppemum Tue 19-Sep-17 09:15:48

I am a shopper not a seller, but I am happy to comment if you PM me the link

(me? nosy? not at all grin )

Believeitornot Tue 19-Sep-17 09:15:53

I'll critique! Send me a link grin

TeaPleaseTa Wed 20-Sep-17 21:34:55

Thanks will send PMs both

TeaPleaseTa Thu 21-Sep-17 09:06:52

There's been a run on Christmas items overnight!
So far the comments I have had suggest I need better, more uniform photos (same clear background etc) and an idea of sizes (though I do already state wrist size for bracelets).
It's very good of those who have spent time commenting, am very grateful for these alternative perspectives cake

steppemum Thu 21-Sep-17 10:17:10

I've pm ed you.
smile

TeaPleaseTa Thu 21-Sep-17 14:06:44

Thank you all for feedback received today.
So far I have completely rejigged my categories and am going to look at photos and size information. I've also emphasised my Swarovski pearl section and tidied other items into what my be better categories.

Battyoldbat Thu 21-Sep-17 14:10:49

I'm also an etsy (and folksy) shopper if you still want any feedback?

TeaPleaseTa Fri 22-Sep-17 09:45:40

Will PM you, thanks

Snafflebrain Fri 22-Sep-17 09:49:15

I'm not a jewellery type seller so this might not be helpful to your biz - I sell stationery gubbins. But I find instagram v good for driving sales to Etsy and ebay. I'm also active in relevant hobby facebook groups and use these along with to release etsy promo codes etc and increase followers.

TeaPleaseTa Mon 25-Sep-17 11:50:22

Am getting loads of helpful PMs, thank you to everyone who's been for a look at my page. Can't keep up with the changes required! Hopefully it will come out looking a lot more attractive.

delilahbucket Tue 10-Oct-17 13:45:41

I have been running an online business for six years including Etsy and eBay. I'm happy to help if I can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now