Camera for 6yo

(3 Posts)
yellowgladys Mon 04-Sep-17 10:15:51

Any recommendations for a camera for a creative 6yo? Ive been looking at children's cameras but photo quality looks awful. Im wondering if a normal basic camera would be better, but something a bit 'tough' to withstand drops

OP’s posts: |
Kerantli Mon 04-Sep-17 12:38:39

It does depend on your budget, this one is shock proof up to 5ft 9 - www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/cameras-camcorders/digital-cameras/compact-and-bridge-cameras/nikon-coolpix-w100-tough-compact-camera-blue-10153730-pdt.html however, I have not used that particular camera, but Nikon is a brand I've used and do like.

I have used this, and have since given it to my youngest (and my eldest got the same camera in black) - www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-COOLPIX-L26-Compact-Digital/dp/B0076UICS4?tag=mumsnetforum-21 I had dropped it a couple of times, and I know both DS's did, but I think it came with a wrist strap that I wrapped around my wrist a couple times.

I currently have a Canon ixus 160, which does the job, and again my youngest DS has used it and it's had a couple dings but works well still.

yellowgladys Mon 04-Sep-17 18:25:36

Thanks. I did see the nikon coolpix w100 but its about 3 x budget unfortunately

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in