Talk

Advanced search

Crochet circles...Another question...Bit trickier potentially​...

(7 Posts)
Cheepandorm Sun 11-Jun-17 20:44:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Polter Sun 11-Jun-17 21:27:03

You could do a circle in the round but with colour changes to make the stripe.

Or, you could make your own pattern and, depending how big you want it, do it in rows with increases/decreases at the end of each row could work, but it could be a bit squiffy.

Another option might be to work the stripe as a strip and then crochet 2 almost semi circles onto the sides.

Cheepandorm Sun 11-Jun-17 21:32:17

Polter Sun 11-Jun-17 21:40:33

Not sure I get what you mean, but it's worth playing around to see what works.

MiaowTheCat Mon 12-Jun-17 09:09:10

You might find the starting chains for each round slip around the circle slightly would be the only thing.

Honestly - I'd eyeball it and colour change accordingly - or just do a plain circle and surface crochet or chain stitch a stripe across afterwards to be honest.

Cheepandorm Mon 12-Jun-17 19:34:21

SoupDragon Sat 17-Jun-17 08:06:45

I agree with Miaow. The stitches do drift so you'd be better off doing it not at the chain part and change colour at the right place visually rather than at the same stitch count.

If the stripe is anything other than 1 or 2 stitches wide, you probably want to take the time to slip stitch the stripe colour back to the beginning of the stripe in the back loop of the stripe stitches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now