Talk

Advanced search

Stupid crochet circle questions

(9 Posts)
Cheepandorm Wed 31-May-17 15:09:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

YouCanDoThis Wed 31-May-17 15:20:19

The crochet crowd website, also on YouTube and Facebook have fantastic instruction videos to answer all of these questions and guide you through patterns. smile

SoupDragon Wed 31-May-17 15:44:51

I would do 7 DC into the circle and join the last to the top of the first with a slip stitch. The SS doesn't count as a stitch, I don't know what it means by joining with a SC as that seems a really odd way of doing it and I've never come across that. There are 7 DC to work into then, although I often have to countback from there I am to work out where the first one is on this and subsequent rounds or I do end up with extras.

I would usually count the ch 3 as a stitch (although I don't do a ch 3, I do a stitch that looks like a DC which I can't remember the name of! It's like a fake dc)

A magic circle can be tightened to leave no hole in the middle of your circle, a "chain and join into a circle" will leave a small hole. I do think the chain method is perhaps more secure as I have had magic circles loosen over time, despite Sewing in ends.

Cheepandorm Wed 31-May-17 20:47:57

BeeFarseer Wed 31-May-17 20:50:47

Have a look at the double magic circle - you loop around twice. It's more secure. smile

I would usually be able to help with stitch count but my brain is melting out of my ears today.

Cheepandorm Wed 31-May-17 20:57:59

BeeFarseer Thu 01-Jun-17 15:40:52

I'm sure they'll be fine, don't worry. I've only just started doing the double circle, but I've never had a single circle come loose. I'm paranoid in a different way, I think.

Cheepandorm Thu 01-Jun-17 21:56:44

SoupDragon Thu 01-Jun-17 23:14:10

I'm sure it will be fine. I made my mum a blanket for Christmas a Christmas joke of years ago and some of those have opened up - I'm not sure how as I sewed every one of the bloody pesky ends in! I think a blanket is more vulnerable than a toy though. I have another blanket that is fine mind you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now