Talk

Advanced search

crochet pattern help

(11 Posts)
Pipsqueak11 Fri 19-May-17 22:32:43

I'm a newbie to crochet and picking up via you tube etc but i have come across an instruction that i don't quite follow .

it is [3ch, 1dc into next ch sp] 3times .

i know what each component means and i understand how the brackets work but i still dont get it!
it is in the round and the round before is 3tr and then 1 ch all the wy around .
it is pattern 13 round 4 in the jan eaton 200 blocks if anyone has that.
grateful for any advice.

BloomersBerry Fri 19-May-17 22:45:02

I don't have that book but this is what I would do. . .

crochet a chain 3 loops long. Find the space in the previous round made by the single chain (between each block of three trebles) and do a double crochet into the space. crochet a 3 chain again and then a double crochet into the next space in the previous round. Repeat once more and you should then have 3 x 3chain loops.

Hope that makes sense.

Pipsqueak11 Fri 19-May-17 22:48:48

aha - got it!! thank you . i was trying to do the 3 ch and dc in the same space . your suggestion works and whats more it looks like the picture . thanks so much,

BloomersBerry Fri 19-May-17 23:08:27

Great! Would love to see a photo of the finished block.

Pipsqueak11 Fri 19-May-17 23:14:47

will do!

Pipsqueak11 Sat 20-May-17 22:46:47

Here it is

Pipsqueak11 Sat 20-May-17 22:47:57

Super pleased with it - thanks again for your help bloomers!

Fairyfellowsmasterstroke Sun 21-May-17 09:30:44

Pips - that's a beautiful square.

What pattern book is it from?

Pipsqueak11 Sun 21-May-17 09:45:04

Thanks fairy.It's called 200 blocks for blankets by Jan Eaton .I got it because it had great reviews on Amazon and I really like it. It's got a great variety of styles .it's probably inaccurate to describe it as 200 as the difference in some is just colour scheme but for a beginner like me it is perfect . It has 3 grades of difficulty with a granny square and variations being 1 . The block above is grade 2 and I haven't tried a 3 yet -working up to those as there are instructions stitches I haven't learnt yet.

Pipsqueak11 Sun 21-May-17 09:46:01

Called not sled .

Fairyfellowsmasterstroke Sun 21-May-17 10:04:11

Gosh, I've actually got that book and, so far, I've done about 10 different patterns.

I must have skimmed past the one you've done. I'll have to go and find that one. It's so pretty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now