Talk

Advanced search

craft for 70th present

(8 Posts)
muddlepuddle1 Thu 18-May-17 06:34:29

Hi, I do lots of craft activities with my 4 year old daughter and it's my mum's 70th coming up. I'd like my daughter to make something for her but have run out of ideas! Any thoughts appreciated!

MGwynzy Thu 18-May-17 08:10:47

I am nearly 70. Recently I saw a thread about Dream Catchers, I would love one of those.

AlwaysHopeful Thu 18-May-17 15:58:01

A photo frame? Or a scrap book of things that have sentimental value?

Or buy a frame and have your daughter make a picture to put in it? My SIL did that when my 6 year old niece was a bridesmaid. I thought it was a lovely gift.

yaela123 Fri 19-May-17 18:23:16

AlwaysHopeful's ideas sound lovely, or how about some kind of photo album where she could decorate the cover and choose some lovely photos of them?

thepatchworkcat Fri 19-May-17 18:28:18

I'm not 70 but for Mother's Day my husband and four year old son got some Hobbycraft stuff and decorated a photo frame for me, and then put a pic of me and baby son in it.

NameChangedTemp Fri 19-May-17 18:32:00

Personalised Candles! All you need is a printer, tissue paper, wax paper and a hairdryer!

YouTube it - its amazing!

Also, crayon melted pictures - hairdryer, canvas, crayons - perfect for a (supervised) four year old

Or, quilling. Again, canvas, quilling tool, (flowers are easy to do and look awesome!

LordBeefCurtain Fri 19-May-17 18:34:55

Do you have any old costume jewellery, such as old earrings, beaded necklaces etc? Or can you buy some custome jewellery cheaply from a charity shop or carboot?

I have seen people decorate small mirrors and photo frames with old earrings / brooches / beads etc. They can look stunning, especially old pearls and sparkly Diamante.

I have got gathered together a big box of broken jewellery and a few small frames ready for decorating (all from charity shops). I also got a glue gun but it's still the packet! Do you know what...I think I might make a start tonight! My husband is out so I'll think I'll crack open the vino and get the glue gun out!

There is a lot of inspiration on Pinterest....photo attached as an example but you could do one a lot simpler with your child. You could use shells, buttons, or mosaic pieces instead.

muddlepuddle1 Fri 19-May-17 18:51:13

These are all really nice ideas! Thanks so much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now