Talk

Advanced search

Knitco Olympus chunky yarn

(3 Posts)
CheepAndOrm Sun 07-May-17 20:25:04

Seems I've accidentally won 10 balls of the stuff (within an hour of agreeing not to buy any more yarn until i finished my 3 projects I've got on the go... Oops)

Anyway...
Does anyone know if it's any good or what i can use it for? It's a bit of an odd colour (i don't actually know why i bid on it tbh) it's sort of ocean colours.
Any ideas?

(Help. I don't have time to use this yarn i keep buying and I'm turning​ into Scarf Lady from Sarah and Duck - i don't even know where to hide it from dh)

liz70 Sat 13-May-17 10:56:07

I would crochet this blanket with it:

rescuedpawdesigns.com/2015/08/12/simple-crochet-blanket-pattern/

It's just alternating rows of dc and tc, so totally brain dead to work. grin I just chained my required width (in my case 2 m) - no faffing with counting - and will continue till I have the length I want. And of course you don't have to worry about when to finish a blanket as it's a long term ongoing project, so takes as long as it takes.

Cheepandorm Sat 13-May-17 12:10:07

I sort of feel like if I've spent all that (unintentional) money on it i should do something interesting...

Ive got enough to make a cover for the car...

And I've just got a notification that I've won 1200m of t-shirt yarn. Forgot about that one. What am i going to do with that much BRIGHT BLUE yarn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now