Talk

Advanced search

Adapting a crochet pattern, can anyone help with the maths please?

(4 Posts)
TheFurryMenace Sat 29-Apr-17 22:17:11

I am making this blanket:

www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-blanket-54

The finished blanket is kind of cot sized at 71.5cm wide, but I'd like to make a smaller version - not so wide for a pram blanket, but Im rubbish at maths and cant work out how many chains to make to start off with to get the width right. I know I need to work out how many chains I need per pattern repeat.

Could anyone help me work it out please?

The pattern is as follows:
ch 129

Row 1 (RS) 3tr in third ch from hook, miss 3ch, 1dc in each of next 7 ch, miss 3 ch, 7tr in next ch, miss 3 chain, 1 dc in each of the next 7 ch, rep from to last 4 ch, miss 3 ch, 4tr in last ch.

Row 2: 1ch, 1dc in each st, ending 1 dc in top of first 3ch in previous row.

Row 3: 1 ch, 1dc in each of first 4 sts, *miss 3sts, 7tr in next st, miss 3sts, 1dc in each of next 7sts; rep from *to last 11 sts, miss 3 sts, 7tr in next st, miss 3 sts, 1dc in each of last 4 sts.

Row 4: 1ch, 1dc in each st to end.

Row 5: 3ch (counts as 1tr), 3tr in first st, miss 3 sts, 1dc in each of next 7 sts, miss 3 sts, 7tr in next st, miss 3 sts, 1dc in each of next 7 sts: rep from to last 4 sts, miss 3 sts, 4tr in last st.

Rep row 2-5 until work measures approx...ending with a row 4.

TheFurryMenace Sat 29-Apr-17 22:18:00

Sorry, I dont know why it bolded some of the typing.

PolterGoose Sun 30-Apr-17 12:07:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheFurryMenace Sun 30-Apr-17 14:17:47

Thank you Polter, that's great advice, that's what I'll do then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now