We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Serger machine keeps tangling!

(2 Posts)
IfeelFloopy Sat 29-Apr-17 20:33:28

A few months ago I got a serger machine. I have never used one before but it arrived threaded and I had a little go on it and was impressed with how easy it was to use.

I came to use it today to have another go and it needed to be rethreaded. I have tried again and again to do it and each time it tangles up. I am sure I am doing it in the correct order, I have followed instructions and videos exactly. Can anyone tell me where I might be going wrong? It just keeps on tangling in the same place. I have attached a pic. It is driving me around the bend!

fortifiedwithtea Sun 30-Apr-17 19:35:32

Machines tend to play up if the needles are blunt or bent. And sometimes they complain about the quality of thread used. The cheapest thread I would use in an overlocker is Moon made by Coates.

Try 2 brand new needles. If the machine has sat in a cu[board a while it might like oiling. Practice threading your machine in 4 different colours, that way you will be able to see what is tangling upper looper, bottom looper or needles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now