Talk

Advanced search

Fucking Pinterest- how do I stop seeing particular posts

(14 Posts)
MovingtoParadise Thu 27-Apr-17 09:34:55

I like cute/funny pictures of animals and Pinterest has decided I like tortured/hurt animal pictures. I HATE pictures like that/stories like that. The latest one that came up is of someone 'killing dogs for free on Facebook' with pictures angry

I've cleared my cache which is in settings - does anyone know how I can choose to never see things like this?

MovingtoParadise Thu 27-Apr-17 09:35:51

I have accidentally put this is arts and crafts instead of chat

Very pinteresty anyway grin

AnthonyPandy Thu 27-Apr-17 09:37:09

Are they adverts?

AnthonyPandy Thu 27-Apr-17 09:37:36

Are you accidentally following whoever is posting them?

MovingtoParadise Thu 27-Apr-17 09:37:43

No I don't think so, they just appear in your 'feed'

MovingtoParadise Thu 27-Apr-17 09:38:05

Nope, not following anyone

AnthonyPandy Thu 27-Apr-17 09:38:42

Also if you follow all of someones boards you will automatically be added to any future boards they create.

AnthonyPandy Thu 27-Apr-17 09:40:12

Try clicking on them then click on the three dots at the bottom to report?

FlaviaAlbia Thu 27-Apr-17 09:42:00

That's pretty horrific, can you contact pinterest on twitter or email to ask? I think pinterest will just see animal and not recognise the cruelty. I hope so anyway.

JuniperSling Thu 27-Apr-17 22:21:04

Hope you reported them. Sick bastards.

YesILikeItToo Fri 28-Apr-17 08:40:35

Although I haven't had this actual problem, I have tried to clean up my feed several times, following tips and articles with titles like 'wtf pintrest?' Some bloggers who use it for business purposes have written stuff about it. The bad news is, it hasn't really helped. I don't use it anymore.

AnotheBloodyChinHair Sat 27-May-17 19:44:42

report and block

AnnieLouJ67 Tue 06-Jun-17 21:10:01

If you see a picture on you feed stream that you don't like you just hold your finger down on the picture and four options pop up. Click on 'more' from here you can report the pin or if you say you don't like the pin it will remove it plus any similar images from your screen. Hope this helps.

WindwardCircle Tue 06-Jun-17 21:15:40

I had excatly the same problem, i often look at Pinterest with DD so I really needed to not have those images coming up. I reported and said I didn't want to see that and blocked the posters, I haven't had any animal abuse stuff pop up for a while so I'm hoping I solved the issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now