Talk

Advanced search

Need a bit of inspiration...Or a good talking to

(6 Posts)
CheepAndOrm Tue 18-Apr-17 08:14:40

I bought loads of Natura XL yarn to make the DMC octopus...
Thing is, the yarn is a pain in the backside to crochet with and it's not exactly very soft.

So i might of casually given up on the octopus. Fine, pattern was only 4 quid.
Thing is I've got all this yarn, quite dull colours, and no idea what to do with it.
It wasn't cheap so making a basket seems a bit...Lazy...

Any ideas?
At 2am i convinced myself i wanted to make a crocodile rug or something but i haven't the foggiest how to mix the colours or make the crocodile. I saw a pattern online but I'm a bit reluctant to spend money on it and i know if change bits of it anyway

Sorry if picture comes out sideways, i took it the right way up...

SoupDragon Tue 18-Apr-17 14:38:57

Have a look on Ravelry to see what others have made with it.

Kerantli Tue 18-Apr-17 17:09:24

Make a blanket with it?

Or look on ravelry or craftsy for ideas

CheepAndOrm Tue 18-Apr-17 19:09:56

I don't really want to make clothes or cushions.
I might make one of those owl baskets i keep seeing online.
I had a great idea but it meant having a circle with a segment of it a different colour and i cant figure out how I'd do that, I'm not even sure it's possible.

I did retry cross heating with it but looser and it's a lot more forgiving, still splits like a banana when it meets ice cream though so not good for a toy or anything that's going to get a lot of abuse.

SoupDragon Tue 18-Apr-17 19:26:46

I've made bags with splitty cotton before.

CheepAndOrm Tue 18-Apr-17 20:38:39

Thing is, o thought being DMC it would be good. Maybe i did it wrong. Being a lefty maybe i twist it the wrong way when i crochet and it unwinds.

Anyway. I've had an idea.
I went on Google and there's charities in Erica wanting birds nests to be crocheted, nothing on RSPB wanting nests, but no harm in me making something to put in the garden, and cotton would be quite cosy for birds anyway.
Or it'd work as a bird feeder maybe...
crochetforyou.weebly.com/blog/crochet-bird-nest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now