Talk

Advanced search

Anyone made a bra?

(6 Posts)
SkiBike007 Mon 17-Apr-17 13:30:57

Just that really. Anyone made a bra and tips on how to go about measuring etc to do it. I got sent a link to a USA online make your own bra class and was curious. My big bras cost £30+ each so wondering if I'd get a better fit and quality doing it myself smile

Rosehips Sun 23-Apr-17 18:32:44

I've done it. It sort of worked, the main problem was that I'm well-endowed and the materials and fabrics I could get hold of weren't really heavy duty enough so I couldn't make it as supportive as I'd like. I'd recommend the bra makers manual as the best book on the subject and sewing chest are good for supplies

SkiBike007 Mon 24-Apr-17 06:57:33

Thanks rose I think I'd struggle with materials too. I just got inspired after being sent the link smile

nellythegoat Thu 27-Apr-17 20:06:31

This forum has a whole section on underwear and a couple of threads with loads of information about bra making...it may be worth a look.

SkiBike007 Fri 28-Apr-17 06:37:11

That's brill thanks nellygoat they were also talking about the craftsy class which I had been sent the link to which sparked my interest.

SkiBike007 Fri 28-Apr-17 06:43:24

Found these people fit2sew.co.uk/product-category/bra-making-kits/ if anyone else thinking of doing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now